The Milwaukee Bucks moved to 6-2 Saturday night with a 117-113 defeat of the New Orleans Hornets. It wasn’t a stellar defensive effort for the Bucks, but Jennings and Ellis each put up 22 points and 9 assists, and it was enough for the Buckies to get the victory. Larry Sanders had a huge block late in the 4th quarter to help seal the victory. Jennings and Ellis each had multiple super athletic plays that literally had me shaking my head – they have to be one of the most entertaining tandems in the league. And right now, they are one of the most successful tandems in the league. Yeah, one or both of them will possibly be moving on before to long, but might as well enjoy the season folks.
The Bucks remain in first place in the Central. Up next, the Bobcats. This is a trap game for the Buckies. Can’t sleep on the Cats this year, they are no longer a pushover. Kemba is hard to handle, and Kidd Gilchrist is a scrapper, just as advertised.
In other news:
1) Andrew Bynum aggravated his knee condition while bowling. Really, that’s possible? A sport which 250 pound chain smoking, beer guzzling guys can complete without injury, causes a professional athlete to agg a knee injury?
2) Royce White and the Houston Rockets continues to struggle with a plan to cope with his anxiety related to flying. Is no one aware of the B.A. Baracus solution? Also, the Harlem Globetrotters are offering White a position on the squad. They apparently travel to 200 some events a year, via bus. If that doesn’t motivate Royce to get over the fear of flying, I don’t know what will.
3) Gotta love that there is now bad blood between OKC and Memphis via Perkins and ZBo. Those games are already high entertainment value, but now bad blood should take it to another level. These squads will probably meet late in the playoffs also. Good stuff.
4) When are the wheels gonna fall off for the Knicks? Are they?
5) Oh my god did the Steelers look stupid in those uniforms. Makes those ugly blue ones the packers wore look good.
Here are the Honeybees: