Earlier this week, Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports reported: “Mo Williams will re-sign as a free agent with the Utah Jazz only if he remains the starting point guard next season, a source told Yahoo! Sports on Friday.” This reportedly coming in wake of the Jazz acquiring Michigan point guard Trey Burke in the draft. However, Jody Genessy of the Deseret News is reporting that Mo Williams’ agent Mark Bartelstein has denied the Yahoo! report saying “this is 100% not the case”.
However, this doesn’t mean that Mo Williams will re-sign with the team. Bartelstein did tell the Deseret News:
“There’s no question about Mo Williams’ ability and the success he’s had in this league. …Mo has proven to be a starting-caliber point guard in the league. (But) nothing is given to anyone. You earn your minutes.”
Sounds like Mo Williams still would prefer a starting point guard job and is likely to look elsewhere, but it also seems as though Mo Williams isn’t threatening the Jazz organization either. He knows that while he is capable to be a starting point guard for several teams, those teams likely aren’t as good as the Utah Jazz, which is why his agent says “No doors are closed. That’s for sure”.
–Ben Parker: follow me on twitter @nba_lord
image from sltrib.com
The post Mo Williams’ Agent Denies Report Of Mo Williams Demanding To Start In Utah appeared first on Pass The Pill - Kings of Hoops.