Found May 03, 2013 on
Golden State Warriors
Brooklyn Nets/Chicago Bulls: Game 6
- I am picking both road teams tonight. I would have picked the Nets even before I learned Luol Deng was not playing. Last night I recorded a podcast where I compared these Nets to the 2006 Phoenix Suns who came back from 3-1 down against the L.A. Lakers. I just think the Nets are the better team and that they will win the series. For the record, I feel the same about the Nuggets.
- Not sure if Joakim Noah is still supposed to be on a minutes restriction, but they will probably have to throw that out the window tonight.
- It feels like the Nets should be winning by at least 15, but they are letting the Bulls hang around. That is dangerous when you are on the road and you know what Nate Robinson can wants to do.
- During poor free throw shooting performances, I cannot help but think of the Charles Barkley commercial remix: “Make ya, make ya free throws.”
- Props to the Bulls for forcing Andray Blatche to take...
BEST OF MAXIM
Complications from a Spinal Tap never sounds good. Luol Deng is a tough basketball player, it would take a lot for him to miss games in the playoffs, but this sounds very serious.
Deng tweeted on Thursday that he was taken to the emergency room on Wednesday and his symptoms indicated he might have meningitis, requiring him to undergo a spinal tap.
“As a result of the spinal tap...
Chicago Bulls forward Luol Deng missed Game 6 due to the viral flu, and his case had worsened as of yesterday afternoon. This has Deng doubtful to appear in today’s Game 7 matchup against the Brooklyn Nets, according to ESPN Chicago.Deng’s condition got so bad yesterday that he was taken to the emergency room."It really upsets me that everyone thinks I would miss a game...
Bulls forward Luol Deng has been taking some flak from Chicagoans after he missed Game 6 of the team’s first-round series against Brooklyn with an illness.
It was originally reported that Deng sat out because he was battling the flu, while fellow Bulls Nate Robinson and Taj Gibson, who were also dealing with flu-like symptoms, suited up and played in the team’s 95-92 loss.
Chicago Bulls forward Luol Deng missed practice Wednesday due to illness. It was apparently severe, as he underwent a spinal tap yesterday to test for viral meningitis, according to Jeff Zillgitt of USA Today.Deng's test came back negative, and he hoped to play for the Bulls during Game 6 against the Brooklyn Nets. However, he was deemed too sick to suit up, and Chicago sent...
Chicago Bulls forward Luol Deng made it clear Friday on Twitter that the illness that kept him out of a playoff game against the Brooklyn Nets was far more serious than the flu.
He missed the Bulls' loss in Game 6 on Thursday with what coach Tom Thibodeau said were flu-like symptoms.
In one of a series of tweets from the hospital, Deng wrote: ''It really upsets me that...
Luol Deng underwent a spinal tap to test for viral meningitis, a person with knowledge of the situation confirmed.
The tests came back negative, and Deng hoped to play in Game 6 against the Brooklyn Nets.
Deng was sent home about 90 minutes before tip-off, Tom Thibodeau said.
"He was in the facility in the morning and got treatment," Thibodeau said. "Came in this evening...
Chicago Bulls star forward Luol Deng wants you to know exactly how serious the illness was that kept him out of Game 6 against Brooklyn.
Luol Deng will miss Game 7 of Chicago's series against the
Brooklyn Nets, but the Bulls still hope Kirk Hinrich can play.
Luol Deng was out with spinal tap complications. Kirk Hinrich sat out with a calf injury. Derrick Rose sat out because he's still doing that sort of thing. Joakim Noah played with plantar fasciitis. And still the Chicago Bulls won their do-or-die Game 7 ... on the road .
Ladies and gentlemen, your Brooklyn Nets. Still a lot like their New Jersey ancestors.
The Bulls led by...
NEW YORK (AP) — Luol Deng and Kirk Hinrich will miss Game 7 of Chicago's series against the Brooklyn Nets., http://juicedsportsblog.com/sports-news/news/deng-hinrich-out-for-game-7-of-bullsnets-series-yahoo-sports
Hinrich missed Game 5, a Nets win, with the same calf injury that is causing him to miss Game 6. Luol Deng, with some sort of viral infection, is out too
When: 8:00 PM; Thursday, May 2nd, 2013
Where: United Center; Chicago, IL
Kirk Hinrich is out with a calf injury and Luol Deng has a viral infection. On the other hand, the Nets are completely...