Found August 24, 2012 on
The Windy Apple:
New York Knicks:
- Amar’e Stoudemire has arrived in Shanghai. He was spotted at both a Nike basketball event as well as a Nike skateboarding event.
- Baron Davis’ agent, Todd Ramasar, says the point guard will remain with the Knicks in ‘some capacity’. “The Knicks have been wonderful in terms of just extending support to Baron, whether it be through obviously his physical therapy or just having him involved with the organization going forward. He really loves that team and that organization has done an excellent job with Baron, and Baron feels like that’s home. He really, really enjoyed last season with the Knicks.” MORE at ESPN NY.
- Carmelo Anthony comments on Felton’s return to New York, “He wants to prove everybody wrong. He loves to win.” – “This is a special year for him mentally. For him being traded from here, (he has) the chance to come back and prove to people what his game is about.” (via ESPN)
- Carmelo Anthony held his pro camp at St. Johns University today: PHOTOS.
- Jason Kidd dishes on his new Knick teammates, describing what they bring to the table: VIDEO.
- Carmelo Anthony says he’s 100% healthy (hamstring). ”I just had a day where it was sore. That’s it, I’m healthy.” (via ESPN)
- Dwyane Wade is “excited” to see Derrick Rose progressing and in good spirits. of DRose injuring himself in the playoffs, Wade told CSN Chicago : “We didn’t want to see it and we want to play the Bulls. We want to play the best teams. We want him and his family to be fine, so to hear he was in high spirits and doing well, outside looking in, as a fan of the game, I’m excited for him.”
- Wade also touched on his free agency period in 2010 saying his decision on Miami or Chicago was “one of the hardest decisions” he’s ever made in his life, adding that he wore the #3 Bulls jersey that was given to him on his visit before ultimately choosing to stay with the Heat.
- Carlos Boozer is back on Twitter @MisterCBooz, last night he tweeted a photo of him and his family out to dinner in NYC:
- Nazr Mohammed is hosting a fundraiser tonight (MORE INFO HERE) in Chicago at Pazzo’s Restaurant to raise money for the improvement of his former high school, Kenwood Academy. Among food and musical entertainment, the event will feature a silent auction with many items including this Derrick Rose signed jersey:
- Joakim Noah will play in the “Balling For Peace” tournament on September 22 hosted by Father Michael Pfleger who is promotes anti-violence in Chicago. (source)
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
As if his celebrity status couldn't get any higher as an NBA all-star and M.V.P. candidate, Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony is enjoying his newfound fame as Olympic gold medalist.Speaking to KnicksJournal.com and other members of the media at St. John's University, the site of his ProCamps summer basketball camp, Anthony said, "Everywhere I go, people are asking me...
Baron Davis will help mentor some of the Knicks' younger players this upcoming season.
Carmelo Anthony held his Pro Camp at St. John’s University this morning:
(via r_dot_turner, ***************, powercoco)
Carmelo Anthony participated in the “Obama Classic” today, a pickup game held at New York City’s Chelsea Piers sports entertainment and complex:
(via dahntay1, djclue, @knickschick7, @Katie_isFF, @carmeloanthony)
For those of you wondering what Knicks star Carmelo Anthony was doing on the eve of the 2012 Summer Olympics Gold Medal game, all you need to do is check out the below video.Watch as Melo checks out the sites and sounds of London along with catching up with his good friend, rapper Nas:
Carmelo Anthony was spotted working out at the St. John’s track following his camp at the University this morning:
August 26: Carmelo Anthony was spotted walking around NYC today.
Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony is a 6’8 Hoopster with a eclectic style that has flourished since his arrival here in NYC. Just like his game on the court, his sense of fashion shows versatility, Melo knows how to freshen up in classy custom fits, but still can keep it casual cool in tees and sneakers.If you read my blog, you should know already, Melo is a fly dude, he’s one...
Foot Locker recently released a promotional commercial featuring Carmelo Anthony while highlighting his new Foot Locker Gear. This will be remembered as a historic NBA commercial, not only due to it’s hilarious nature (5 Melos! A team like that would put up 140 a night, but still lose) but also it’s subtle racial overtones.
(0:00-0:02): Wow, Landry Fields kicks it with Melo...
What was supposed to be a joyous time for Carmelo Anthony turned into one where his past mistakes were rehashed. The five-time NBA All-Star was stoked to be a guest at President Barack Obama’s “Obama Classic” basketball-themed fundraiser on Wednesday, but instead he’s being mentioned in anti-Obama campaign talks because of his appearance in a 2004 “Stop Snitching” video...
Carmelo Anthony, who is currently seen in this YouTube video, and a DVD that promotes drug use and threatens people who ‘snitch’ to police about drug dealers and other criminals, is causing some problems for Barack Obama, who is taking some heat for fundraising with a ‘pro-drug, anti-police’ activist who allegedly spends time with drug dealers This is definitely the Old...
On Wednesday evening, President Barack Obama hosted his highly anticipated basketball fundraiser, the "Obama Classic." The event took place at Lincoln Center in New York City.Basketball fans and Obama supporters alike were treated to a variety of events throughout the evening, including an autograph session (for a $250 donation), a skills clinic (for a $5,000 donation)...
President Barack Obama was at Chelsea Piers in New York City Wednesday to participate in the Obama Classic, a basketball fundraiser with NBA stars Rajon Rondo, Kyrie Irving, Joe Johnson, Paul Pierce...
Full story at Bob's Blitz ~ http://www.bobsblitz.com
Although its been about a week since Team USA took home the gold in men's hoops at the 2012 Summer Olympics, the below blooper reel was recently released.Check out such stars as Kevin Durant, LeBron James, and Carmelo Anthony having some fun during team practices and flights: (Courtesy of Pro Basketball Talk)
Recently, USA president Barack Obama held the first annual "Obama Classic" pick-up basketball game in New York City and one of high-profile individuals in attendance was Knicks star Carmelo Anthony.Check out some the pics from the event that the folks over at The Windy Apple took at the Chelsea's Piers Sports and Entertainment Complex: