I’m currently stuck in traffic (where else but the pike) heading to the Garden to see the Boston Celtics take on the Utah Jazz. The Celtics are coming off of their best game of the year, beating the Bulls in Chicago 101-95 Monday night. The Jazz are 4-4 and are coming off a thrilling 140-133 triple overtime game against the Raptors. Al Jefferson sent them into OT and double OT with a clutch performance.
Here are a few things I’m looking for from the Celtics tonight:
- Attack the basket and create easy shots
- Jeff Green working off his best game of the season in Chicago with his new best game of the season
- Paul Pierce to find his stroke back
- Be able to protect the rim when Kevin Garnett is on the bench
- Key contributions from Jason Terry, Courtney Lee, and Jared Sullinger
- Celtics big men contain Big Al (although I am extremely excited to see Al back in the Garden)
Hopefully we will have more checkmarks than not when the game is over tonight.
Update to come.