[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="594"] Aaron Rodgers made mince meat out of the Redskins in Week 2 and he's our top-ranked fantasy QB for Week 3.[/caption]
Week 3 of the fantasy football season has arrived! Thus far, the fantasy season has been defined by the outstanding play of quarterbacks, who are once again racking up fantasy points at an incredible rate.
In Week 1 there was the seven-touchdown performance from Peyton Manning, as well as 400-yard performances by Eli Manning and Colin Kaepernick. Last week, Aaron Rodgers got in on the act, tossing four touchdown passes to go along with 480 yards passing. Philip Rivers and Michael Vick also had big weeks, each totaling more than 400 yards passing, respectively.
The obvious difference here is that the Manning's, Rodgers and Caepernick were all highly touted entering the season, while Vick and Rivers were both under the radar, especially Rivers, who went undrafted in numerous leagues and even now is owned in only 47 percent of ESPN.com fantasy leagues.
The key question of course with each player is can they keep it up?
Vick, who has four touchdown passes and two rushing touchdowns, appears to be taking quite well to the Chip Kelly offense and I wouldn't expect his production to take a huge dip as the season goes along, unless of course he gets injured, which is always a possibility with the volume of rushing attempts he is getting and his injury history. But beyond that, I would feel very comfortable with Vick as my starter going forward, just make sure you have a reliable backup for if and when he does get injured.
Rivers, I'm not quite as optimistic about. Of course his demise has been a little over exaggerated. He still threw 26 touchdown passes last season and has thrown at least 25 touchdown passes in five straight seasons. He had also posted four consecutive 4,000 yard seasons before last year, so while his fantasy production fell off last season, the yardage numbers should reach around 4,000 yards again this season.
However, he has had a tendency to throw a lot of interceptions and I'm not exactly impressed with his wide receiving core. I think Rivers will have a solid season and put up decent numbers, yet I still think he's nothing more than a solid backup.
Well now that I've given you some of my thoughts for the past week, let's look ahead to the FantasyPPR.com Week 3 Quarterback Rankings which are listed below:
1. Aaron Rodgers, QB, Packers vs Bengals
2. Peyton Manning, QB, Broncos vs Raiders
3. Drew Brees, QB, Saints vs Cardinals
4. Russell Wilson, QB, Seahawks vs Jaguars
5. Colin Kaepernick, QB, 49ers vs Colts
6. Michael Vick, QB, Eagles vs Chiefs
7. Cam Newton, QB, Panthers vs Vikings
8. Tom Brady, QB, Patriots vs Bucs
9. Matt Ryan, QB, Falcons vs Dolphins
10. Matt Stafford, QB, Lions vs Redskins
11. Tony Romo, QB, Cowboys vs Rams
12. Andrew Luck, QB, Colts vs 49ers
13. Robert Griffin III, QB, Redskins vs Lions
14. Eli Manning QB, Giants vs Panthers
15. Philip Rivers, QB, Chargers vs Titans
16. Sam Bradford, QB, Rams vs Cowboys
17. Matt Schaub, QB, Texans vs Ravens
18. Alex Smith, QB, Chiefs vs Eagles
19. Ryan Tannehill, QB, Dolphins vs Falcons
20. Joe Flacco, QB, Ravens vs Texans
21. Carson Palmer, QB, Cardinals vs Saints
22. Andy Dalton, QB, Bengals vs Packers
23. Terrelle Pryor, QB, Raiders vs Broncos
24. Jay Cutler, QB, Bears vs Steelers
25. Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Steelers vs Bears