This article will be similar to my "50 Crazy Predictions" I wrote prior to the start of the baseball season back on March, 31st. Looking back at that article I got some things right like #37 "John Axford will shave his mustache" but I also missed out on some things, including #14 "Matt Kemp has a 42/42 season."
I was high on certain players like Adrian Gonzalez, Paul Goldschmidt and Chris Sale but not all of the guys I mentioned panned out (Brett Gardner, Dan Uggla and Eric Hosmer, just to name a few).
It's always fun to go back and look at things we predicted months ago. In that same article I said the Broncos will beat the Giants in overtime in this year's Super Bowl 33-30. That one is still up in the air, but "crazier things" can happen. In this article I'm going to predict some of those "crazier things" to come true.
- The Patriots, Broncos, Steelers and Texans will come out of the AFC as division winners.
- The Packers, 49'ers, Falcons and Cowboys will come out of the NFC as division winners.
- AFC Wild Cards: Bengals and Bills. - Yes I know that means the Ravens will miss the postseason for the first time since 2007.
- I will win at least 4 of the 8 fantasy football leagues I'm in. Quote me, I'm not even worried.
- Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson will hook up for 24 touchdowns this year. - That will break the Brady-Moss TD record of 23 set in '07.
- Megatron will catch 4 touchdowns in one game twice this year. - It will happen Week 1 against the Rams and Week 13 against the Colts.
- Only 3 Running Backs will rush for over 1,168 yards.
- Ten Quarterbacks will throw for over 4,500 yards. - Last year only 6 had a higher total. In 2010 only 3 had over 4,500 yards passing.
- TIm Tebow will start at least 10 games for the Jets this year.
- Tim Tebow will throw for over 3,000 yards. He had 1,729 yards in 14 games last year in Denver.
- Chris Johnson will bounce back to the tune of 1,111 yards exactly. Write it down, I'm feelin lucky.
- Drew Brees will struggle without Sean Payton. The Saints will miss the playoffs. - The Atlanta Flacons become the only NFC South team to make the postseason.
- Those Atlanta Falcons will have two 1,300 yard receivers in Roddy White and Julio Jones. Tony Gonzalez will contribute a solid 800 yard - Tony Gonzalez needs 662 yards to reach 14,000 career receiving yards. - Only 7 other players have that many in the history of the game.
- LeSean McCoy will be in the MVP discussion.
- Aaron Rodgers will be the favorite to win the MVP but in a late season push Cam Newton will gain some votes; however, the 2012-2013 Regular Season MVP will be...
- Matthew Stafford. If he stays healthy, Stafford will break all time passing records and the Lions will reach the 12 win plateau. If Stafford gets hurt and misses more than 2 games, LeSean McCoy will win the MVP.
- Aarian Foster will account for 20 total touchdowns. - The title says "Bold Predictions" doesn't it?
- The Texans will also reach the 12 win plateau. - Last year was the first season the team won the division and had double digit wins. It was also the first season that Peyton Manning did not play for the Colts.
- Offensive Rookie of the Year will be Trent Richardson but a close second will be Andrew Luck.
- Defensive Rookie of the Year will be the Cowboys first round pick Morris Claiborne. Second will be Courtney Upshaw from Baltimore.
- Sticking with the Rookie theme, Alshon Jeffery will have over 800 yards receiving this season for the Bears.
- Michael Vick will play in 12 games this year. - Since his return to the league, Vick hasn't played more than 13 games in any season.
- Torrey Smith of the Ravens will be a top 10 fantasy receiver.
- Steven Jackson will get at least 907 yards rushing this year. - He will become the 27th player of all time to have rushed for 10,000 career yards.
- His backup Isiah Pead is a smart pickup in deep keeper leagues. - He's two years away from top 15 RB numbers.
- Brandon Lloyd will have over 1,200 yards receiving this year. - Wes Welker will still get at least 160 targets (172 last year).
- NFC Wild Cards: Lions and Bears.- I'm on the Bears bandwagon.
- "Matty Ice" will freeze up when it counts. - The Falcons will lose in the first round of the playoffs.
- The NFC Championship game will be in Green Bay. - Packers will host the Chicago Bears.
- The AFC Championship game will be in New England. - Patriots will host the Cincinnati Bengals.
- The Packers will beat the Bears on a last minute drive. - A Rodgers-to-Nelson 17 yard touchdown catch ends the game 27-24.
- The Bengals will upset the Patriots by blowing them out 34-21. In the game, BenJarvus Green-Ellis will rush for over 200 yards and have 3 scores. The game will become an instant classic and will forever be known as the "Revenge of the Law Firm" game.
- The Packers will proceed to dominate the Bengals in the Super Bowl. Aaron Rodgers will pick on Rookie Corner Dre Kirkpatrick and throw 3 touchdowns on him (2 to Jordy Nelson). Rodgers will be MVP with 324 yards passing and 3 TD's.
- This season 4 running backs can reach 8,000 career rushing yards. Only 42 players in the history of the game have 8,000 rushing yards. - Frank Gore needs 375 yards. - Willis McGahee needs 634 yards. - Maurice Jones-Drew needs 1,146 yards. - Adrian Peterson needs 1,248 yards. (Of the above 4 only Adrian Peterson will not meet the total he needs to reach 8,000 career rushing yards.)
- Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald are both less than 400 yards away from reaching 10,000 receiving yards. - Bold Prediction: Fitz gets there by the end of Week 3, Andre by the end of Week 2.
- Only 9 Quarterbacks have thrown for over 43,000 yards in their careers. - Drew Brees is 2,258 yards away and Tom Brady is 3,021 yards shy of that milestone. They will both get to the 43,000 yard mark. Brees in Week 8 and Brady in Week 10.
- My final prediction may be my craziest of all... I get a girlfriend. - This was my first crazy prediction in my baseball article way back in March. I'm still available. I guess nobody wants to date a sports writer, I may have to switch my profession back to being a Super Hero. Yes, I have super powers but that's a story for another day. It's really not important how many times I saved the world from certain doom, I was just doing my job.
August 26th, 2012
Be sure to check out other great articles at Mr Fantasy Freak.
Delivered to your inbox
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News|
Today's Best Stuff
Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.
What is Yardbarker?