After unsuccessfully holding out last offseason and into
training camp of 2012, Jacksonville Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew
told SiriusXM NFL Radio yesterday that he is not planning on asking the team
for a long-term contract.
"I went to them last year," Jones-Drew said during
the interview with SiriusXM NFL Radio. "It didn't work out. I'm not going
to reach out to them because, you know, I just feel like I tried that last year
(and) it didn't work."
Jones-Drew was the NFL’s leading rusher in 2011, but after
holding out for a new deal he was limited to 414 yards rushing before
sustaining a season-ending foot injury on Oct. 21.
Jones-Drew is entering the final year of his contract with
Jacksonville, and the 27-year-old said he’s open to re-signing with the
Jaguars. However, he won’t be the one demanding an extension this year, as
Jones-Drew noted that the team will have to be the one to initiate
var _gaq = _gaq || ;
ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script'); s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);