Found December 24, 2012 on
Football Extra Points:
The Bears are winning now but their offensive line cannot protect Cutler in the playoffs.
Here are my Power Rankings and a quick note about each team.
1) San Francisco - Don't panic, Seattle doesn't lose at home.
2) Texans - They are solid on both sides of the ball.
3) Patriots - Suspect defense keep them from the top spot.
4) Denver - On the rise, are they a Super Bowl sleeper?
5) Falcons - They need to show me something in the postseason.
6) Seattle - They can't win on the road in the playoffs.
7) Packers - Need defensive players to get healthy and produce.
8) Dallas - They've won some games but they're not going anywhere in the postseason.
9) Bears - They cannot protect Cutler and therefore can't win in the playoffs.
10) Steelers - Injuries have slowed this team.
11) Ravens - They're old on defense and Flacco can't lead them to the Super Bowl.
12) Giants - Too many questions for them to make another run.
13) Colts - Luck has this team in the playoffs, an amazing story that won't end in the Super Bowl.
14) Minnesota - They need more playmakers on offense.
15) Bengals - This is a good young team but still growing.
16) Washington - RG3 has this team winning but they're not a great team.
17) Saints - Amazing offense and no defense.
18) Titans - This team has some talent but have done nothing to bring it all together.
19) Tampa - This is a solid young team growing in the right direction.
20) Carolina - They need a new coach to help Newton grow.
21) Miami - They have a new QB in place.
22) Rams - Fisher gets a few years to put together his team in St. Louis.
23) Oakland - It's the Raiders, not much to say.
24) Lions - Complete disappointment.
25) Bills - Invested in QB and Defense, both busts.
26) Browns - Some young pieces in place.
27) SD - Time for a new Coach.
28) AZ - The worst QB situation in the League.
29) Jets - No organizational direction.
30) Eagles - The Andy Reid era comes to a terrible end.
31) Chiefs - This team is just bad.
32) Jacksonville - Blaine Gabbert is on his way out as a starting QB. This team, and their fans, aren't going anywhere but LA. I don't expect this team to be in Jacksonville in a couple years.
That's the list.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Perhaps no player personifies the Lovie Smith era in Chicago more than Bears wide receiver and kick returner Devin Hester. Hester has been brilliant at times, the best return man in the NFL. Hester may go down as the best of all-time, but as a wide receiver he's been an abject failure.
Hester's days as a player in Chicago are numbered, regardless of what his contract...
With the injury to safety Chris Conte on Sunday, the Bears are in need of help at the safety position. Safety Craig Steltz was already placed on the injured reserved list, ending his season leaving the Bears with only second year safety Anthony Walters and Major Wright to play the back end of the defense.
Now the question becomes where are the Bears going to find that safety...
Chicago Bears outside linebacker Lance Briggs (55) and Lovie Smith head to the locker room after beating the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday, Dec. 23, 2012 at University of Phoenix Stadium. (Brian Cassella/Chicago Tribune)
Here are the Week 17 power rankings from various sites around the web:
ESPN: #13 (Last week: #14)
Analysis, “They took care of business against Arizona, but they...
Chicago Bears wide receiver Brandon Marshall is probable to
today against the Arizona Cardinals, but wide receiver Earl Bennett and
cornerback Tim Jennings are questionable to suit up.
Marshall was added to the Bears injury report on Thursday.
While his hamstring injury limited his participation in practice Thursday and
Friday, he is still considered probable to suit up against...
Chicago Bears running back Matt Forte exited yesterday’s
victory over the Arizona Cardinals after reinjuring his right ankle, reports
Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune.
“It is not the worst that I have ever felt but it is the
third time,” said Forte while he stood in the locker room wearing a walking
boot on the ankle. “So, it’s just getting a little aggravating.”...
The Cincinnati Bengals have acquired wide receiver Dane Sanzenbacher on waivers from the Chicago Bears and placed first-round draft pick Dre Kirkpatrick on injured reserve.
Sanzenbacher was released this week by the Bears and was picked up Tuesday by the Bengals. He played in five games with one catch for 7 yards this season.
Kirkpatrick, the 17th overall selection in the 2012...
[caption id="attachment_11145" align="alignleft" width="300"] Chicago Bears middle linebacker Brian Urlacher (54) celebrates Charles Tillman's touchdown in the third quarter Sunday, Dec. 23, 2012 at University of Phoenix Stadium. (Brian Cassella/Chicago Tribune)[/caption]
The Bears went to Arizona on Sunday and came away with a victory.
Wide receiver Dane Sanzenbacher is heading home. The Maumee, Ohio, native and Ohio State alumnus was claimed off waivers by the Cincinnati Bengals on Tuesday. Sanzenbacher was waived by the Chicago Bears a day earlier. The Bengals cleared a roster spot for Sanzenbacher by placing rookie cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick on injured reserve because of a knee injury. In four games with...
Chicago Bears’ Charles Tillman celebrates his interception return for a touchdown against Arizona Cardinals in 3rd quarter at University of Phoenix Stadium in Phoenix, Arizona on Sunday, Dec. 23, 2012. (Scott Strazzante/Chicago Tribune)
It wasn’t the prettiest victory, but the Chicago Bears got the job done in Arizona on Sunday afternoon. The Bears won 28-13 and improved to 9...
Chicago Bears future Hall of Fame Inside Linebacker Brian Urlacher re-iterated something the other day which has piqued my interest for a couple of months now. Half of his sentiment drew staunch criticism from all sources but the other half, at least to some extent, rings true. Last weekend, the previously 7-1 Bears slipped to 8-6, having lost 5 of the last...
The Chicago Bears will play against the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday from University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, AZ. Scheduled for a 4:25 pm EST kickoff this game will air on FOX.
Avg Points Allowed
What is the points spread in the Bears and Cardinals game? The Bears...