Found November 06, 2012 on
Athletes think that because of who they are they would do great in other high profile jobs even though they have little to no qualifications. That’s why you see so many athletes who want to be rappers. We all know how that goes. Amazingly there are actually more successful athletes turned politician than there are athletes turned successful rapper. Since the Presidential election is tonight I thought it would make sense to look at the world of sports and see who would make the best politicians. Here are the Top 10 athletes that would make great politicians.
10. Bobby “The Brain” Heenan – There was no one else that could draw and take the heat like The Brain. He was the heels heel of managers. He wouldn’t have to worry about getting flustered when people opposed his views because quite frankly he doesn’t care. Few people out there relish having everyone hate them like The Brain did. Even though he was despised by many he was successful in what he did. Here’s a list of some of the wrestlers that he managed:
Andre the Giant
“The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase
Ravishing Rick Rude
The Brooklyn Brawler
Sure Mitt Romney has a net worth of over $190 million but money can’t buy the type of knowledge, connections, and street cred that The Brain has. Hurricane Sandy did a number on the residents of New York. Because of his ties with the Brooklyn Brawler he could have gone right into the heart of Brooklyn, talked to the people, and made an immediate impact. How’s he going to fix the economy? I don’t know, how about he asks his friend “The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase. I think he knows a thing or two about finances and being successful. You think The Brain is going to be fazed when someone throws him a curveball about keeping up with foreign relations? Please. Dude has it all on lock.
9. Delonte West – Millionaire. Check. Sex scandal. Just ask Lebron James Mom about this one. Check. Rides in Style. Dude has a Can Am Spyder. Check. I don’t believe for one second that there aren’t politicians in Washington that have done way worse things than Delonte West. Let’s get some swag in Washington!
8. Tie Domi – Ya I know that Tie Domi is from Canada but don’t get caught up in the small details. Obama wants to see change? Easier said than done. I do know, however, one way to get change and that’s by sheer force. Domi is third all time in career penalty minutes and was one of the best fighters ever. Here’s one of his many fights with Bob Probert. No way you can watch this and not think that he can get bipartisan support from everyone.
7. Rick Pitino (President)/Billy Donovan (VP) – If banging chicks that aren’t your wife is a prerequisite to being a politician then Rick Pitino was made for the job. Dude doesn’t even wait to get to a shadyball motel room to start getting busy, he gets after it in the restaurant like he’s Maverick and he’s going to go to town on Charlie in the bathroom. For all of you who are judging right now, those of us that haven’t committed adultery in a restaurant bathroom and then tried to cover it up by paying for the abortion may cast the first stone.
Politicians love to flip flop on issues and who better than the guy that decided to leave Florida to coach the Orlando Magic only to change his mind five days later. That’s the type of decisiveness that we need in office. Plus, Donovan and Pitino have a close relationship so we know they’d work well together.
6. Antoine Walker – He spent money recklessly, blew 110 million dollars in a short period of time, and has now had to declare bankruptcy. Sounds very similar to how the government is handling the National Deficit. There is no better teacher than experience so why not put ‘Twan in office and see if he can give a shimmy to the economy.
5. Dez Bryant – For fantasy football owners there are high expectations and very inconsistent and disappointing results. That seems to fit in well with how a lot of political terms of office go. Throw in the fact that Bryant enjoys living life by his rules and you’ve got yourself a prime candidate for multiple terms.
4. William Green – Few sex scandals are as good as the one that he had with Cleveland Browns teammate Kevin Johnson’s wife. Rumor has it that he got caught practicing making babies with Kevin Johnson’s wife and had to run out of Johnson’s house half naked. Before confronting him Johnson slashed Green’s tires. Green was later arrested for DUI while wearing only half his clothes and having a flat tire. Johnson’s wife then called Green’s girlfriend and told her the story. Green’s girlfriend promptly stabbed him then the cops came over. They found weed in the house. If that doesn’t say Washington then I don’t know what does.
3. Rick Mirer – Heath Shuler is a politician and Mirer was a way better quarterback than him. Therefore Rick Mirer would be a better politician Shuler was drafted 3rd overall in the 1994 NFL Draft and Mirer was drafted 2nd overall in the 1993 NFL Draft. Advantage Mirer. Shuler’s record as a starter in the NFL over four seasons was 8-14. Mirer lasted eight seasons and compiled a 22-44 record. Sure the win percentage is worse but if all you care about is wins and longevity then Mirer crushes him. See, that’s how you skew stats (which is an important trait for politicians).
2. Bobby Petrino – He may be more politician than most politicians out there. JFK liked to get a little strange on the side but no one has left a wake of destruction like Bobby Petrino. He has a sex scandal to his name which included a motorcycle accident, a 25 year old chick who he hired and paid cash to, getting fired from Arkansas, and he abruptly left coaching the Atlanta Falcons with three games left in the season (who does that). Plus, it’s not hard to take a look at this image of him after the crash and picture his wife by his side and him saying, “I’ve made some mistakes but I fully intend to make up for my wrongs and do more right for the American people!”
1. Mr.Perfect – I don’t think I even need to justify this as the dude could do everything. He was perfect. He is the opposite of what politicians are like as he actually delivers and never fails. It’s going to take someone special or dare I say perfect in order to get the United States out of a $16 trillion deficit. I do realize that Curt Hennig is no longer with us but his spirit is so strong that I’m sure he could still find a way to run the country from the grave. Watch this video and I guarantee you that this is a better political ad than anything you’ve seen the last few months.
What do you think? Who would make a “good politician”. Leave your thoughts in the comments section and we’ll posts the best ones on Facebook.
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter or Like Us on Facebook to be entered to win free vintage swag in our weekly giveaways.
The post Top 10 athletes that would make great politicians appeared first on Bacon Sports.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
The Dallas Cowboys are entertaining if they are not anything else.
As the team tries to rebound from their current 3-5 dilemma, there are no shortages of critics that are firing shots at everyone from coach Jason Garrett, to quarterback Tony Romo to the at-times rambunctious wide receiver Dez Bryant.
Please Click Here To Read This Story
After last night’s prime time loss – in which many folks are choosing to focus on whether or not Atlanta did enough to wow us, rather than on how Dallas failed to take advantage of an Atlanta squad that they held out of the ‘wow zone’ – those who are fans of the Cowboys are questioning their team, their quarterback, their owner and their coach.
Nothing new there… but...
A tale of two cities. A tale of two head coaches fighting for their jobs. One will triumph. One will scratch their heads as they look at their dismal 3-6 record.
It's Desperation Bowl 2012. The outcome of this game will undoubtedly force one of these teams to make some tough decisions going forward, and former Dallas head coach Jimmy Johnson doesn't like what he sees...
Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett is keeping his focus on the next game, the way he always does.
As for any questions about his future, or the possibility of being replaced by Sean Payton, Garrett said his focus Monday was on cleaning up mistakes from Sunday night's loss at Atlanta and starting to prepare to play at Philadelphia.
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he has '...
Anyone else getting the feeling that the Cowboys haven't been forthcoming about the injury to Demarco Murray. He hasn't even practiced since going down with a foot injury in week 6. It's a frustrating situation for owners who invested a first or early second round pick in Murray. The Cowboys get to face a sad Eagles team with a terrible coach and a lack of heart this...
In case you missed it, Jerry Jones got locked out of his own team's locker room on Sunday night following their 19-13 defeat in Atlanta.
Fortunately, Jerry was able to sneak into the post game locker room loss celebration and bust some of his best moves. (click image if Jerry is not moving)
Thanks to the guys from Guyism for sharing and to Jerry Jones for...
Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said he ignores the speculation that Saints coach Sean Payton could take his job while also saying the Cowboys are close to turning things around.
Garrett addressed a number of issues during his Monday press conference, less than 24 hours after a 19-13 loss to the Falcons, but the most tension-filled moments came when he was asked about the Payton...
Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones intends to keep the title of general manager, he said during his twice-weekly radio show. "We're not structured that way," Jones told KRLD-FM on Tuesday. "We didn't structure it that way with my ownership. There's no way that I would be involved here and not be the final decision maker on something as important as players...
BALTIMORE, MD – OCTOBER 14: Quarterback Tony Romo #9 hands the ball off to running back DeMarco Murray #29 of the Dallas Cowboys during the first half against the Baltimore Ravens at M&T Bank Stadium on October 14, 2012 in Baltimore, Maryland. (Image credit: Getty Images via @daylife)
Tony Romo is currently on pace to set personal records for attempts, completions, and yards...
This past weekend Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told NBC’s Bob Costas that Jerry Jones the owner would have fired Jerry Jones the general manager by now. Jones made an appearance on 105.3 The Fan KRLD-FM and made it clear that he’ll never step down the General Manager of the Cowboys. “We are not structured that way,” Jones said, per the Dallas Morning News. “We didn’t...
Dallas Cowboys DeMarco Murray isn't likely to play in Week 10 due to a foot injury, according to ESPN's Ed Werder. Murray must still be cleared to work out with the team. ESPN reported that Murray's sprain continues to linger, and it's possible that he has a more serious injury. He hasn't appeared in a game or practice since getting hurt in Week 6, nearly a month ago.
Well, we’re officially halfway through the 2012 season and we’re sitting two below .500 at 3-5. What’s next for this team is anyone’s guess, what I do know is that Jason Garrett should either relinquish his play calling duties or they should be stripped in favor of Bill Callahan. For the remainder of the season, we should roll with Callahan and see where he can take us. There...
In my (biased) mind, I truly think the Eagles vs. Cowboys is the greatest rivalry in the NFL today. Each time the two teams meet, there is always something on the line.Last year, the Cowboys playoff spot counted on a win in Week 16; unfortunately they lost after Tony Romo went down early on with a hand injury.This year, they will play for their playoff lives.Sitting at 3-5, neither...