Found November 02, 2012 on
Turn On The Jets:
New York Jets
The Turn On The Jets 12 pack went 7-1 throughout the first half of the year predicting the outcome of New York Jets games. Here are 12 predictions for the second half of the season as we take a weekend to regain our sanity after a disappointing first half -
1. Let’s get the record out of the way first. Siding with optimism and a hope that this team won’t quit on Rex Ryan, I think they manage a 5-3 record against a soft schedule en route to a 8-8 record. This will leave them on the outside looking in for the playoffs likely due to a tie-breaker, as I do think a 8-8 team will make the playoffs in the AFC.
2. Moving to the quarterbacks next, Mark Sanchez, barring injury, will start every game the rest of the season.
3. Shonn Greene will barely crack 1,000 yards and finish with 8 touchdowns.
4. Jeremy Kerley will finish somewhere between 950-1,000 yards receiving.
5. Dustin Keller will have a very good second half, finishing with 50 catches and 4 touchdowns on the season.
6. Quinton Coples will have 3 sacks over the last 8 games, finishing with 5 on the season which could very well end up leading the team.
7. Bart Scott won’t play over 30 reps in a game the rest of the season.
8. Stephen Hill will steadily improve over the second half of the season, averaging 3 catches per game and catching 3 more touchdowns.
9. Tim Tebow will score a touchdown at some point this season.
10. Vlad Ducasse will be the starting guard by the end of the season.
11. Joe McKnight will finish the season strongly on both offense and special teams.
12. The only three Jets who will make the Pro Bowl will be Nick Mangold, Antonio Cromartie and D’Brickashaw Ferguson.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
TEEEBOOOOWED!! Finally Tebow is locked down, and it's by a really really hot actress. The New York Jets special teams player is rumored to be off the market and Camilla Belle is the lucky lady. Or not so lucky if you know what I mean. The two were photographed going bowling together recently near Tebows home town. Meet the parents??? I think so. Check out some pictures...
Back in 2009 when Turn On The Jets was still a member of the Fanball Sports Network, we ran a weekly series of articles over the second half of the season as the New York Jets made an improbable run to the playoffs. If you remember, the Jets dropped to 4-6 that season but due to the general mediocrity of the conference, they were able to rally back against a soft schedule and make...
Once again we come to you with a post that has little to nothing to do with sports... but eh who really cares.
According to TMZ, New York Jets quarterback Tim Tebow is unofficially/officially dating someone. That's right Tim Tebow has a girlfriend. The lucky young lady is Camilla Belle. Ms. Belle is an actor with a few movies to her credit. However, her new high profile...
Rex Ryan’s ‘all in’ speech came the day after the New York Jets suffered an embarrassing 30-9 loss to their divisional rivals at home. The loss dropped the Jets to 3-5 and sidelined their playoffs hopes.
“We have to be all in,” Ryan said. “The only chance we have is we are 100% all in and let’s put it out there. If we don’t play better you can forget about anything...
Tim Tebow is openly a "big fan" of many things -- and that may be an understatement.
Tebow's love for Jesus Christ isn't exactly a secret, and the Jets QB recently made news for being a fan of Camilla Belle -- fandom that just about everybody can understand.
However, Tebow's latest announcement of one of his new favorite football teams has...
Kris Jenkins responding to why he feels players, managers, and coaches feel the need to answer or criticize fans. He adds, players need to realize that it is all apart of the game, and know fans play a critical part to success and sports in general. Kris also touches on Michael Vick, and how he feels about his performances.
The Jacksonville Jaguars are back in the middle of Tim Tebow talks again.
Though this time, they say the reports are not true.
A local television station reported that the Jaguars and the New York Jets were talking about a trade involving the popular quarterback.
The report by Action News in Jacksonville sounded plausible since the Jaguars tried to acquire Tebow in March. But...
Week 8 Record: 0-3
Season Record: 8-15-1
Just as the season started spiraling downhill for our reviled beloved New York Jets last Sunday, the same thing happened for my Best Bets record as well, as I went 0-3 and fell to a horrific 8-15-1 on the season.
A few random tidbits before we get to my picks, because whatever I say about those is clearly a waste of the space and time in your...
Find out why the New York Jets are failing to deliver according to Green and White Report's Mid-season report card.
We all know that Jerry Jones is in charge of the Dallas Cowboys, but sometimes it's difficult to tell who's second-in-command.
Defensive coordinator Rob Ryan was acting like Dallas' head coach on Friday when he guaranteed a victory over the undefeated Atlanta Falcons. Typically it's up to head coaches -- like Ryan's twin brother Rex Ryan -- to...