The Rams pulled off an exhilarating, strange, and sometimes ugly 19-17 over the Buccaneers today. Rams middle linebacker James Laurinaitis summed up the afternoon well with this postgame tweet.
Nothing like winning!!! So many gutsy performances! Never been prouder of my teammates! Wasn't pretty but I don't care! W!!!!!
— James Laurinaitis (@JLaurinaitis55) September 15, 2014
Since he was drafted in 2009, James Laurinaitis has been the spearheaded leader of this defense. He has led the team in tackles year-after-year and is the figure his teammates rally behind.But Laurinaitis’ only fault as captain of some of the worst defensive units in St. Louis history is being in the wrong place at the wrong time. The former Ohio State product was drafted in the...
Here’s a recap of what you may have missed this past week.
cover32 Rams Local Content
- The Rams’ front seven will only be as good as James Laurinaitis (READ)
- How does the St. Louis Rams’ front seven stack up against the NFC West? (READ)
- What should the St. Louis Rams expect from Brian Quick in 2014? (READ)
- The Rams are turning the running back job into a competition…sort...
The Rams’ front seven has been the subject of much ballyhoo this offseason, including a piece from our own Sam Tramel earlier this week. With the addition of first-round pick Aaron Donald to an already stacked defensive line headlined by PFWA defensive player of the year Robert Quinn, the Rams’ defensive line would be a disappointment if it didn’t constantly disrupt quarterbacks...
- WWE is celebrating World Wish Day with Make-A-Wish today. Visit wish.org/wwe to find out how you can donate.
- Titus O’Neil worked out with James Laurinaitis, son of Road Warrior Animal, and other members of the NFL’s St. Louis Rams earlier today at the Rams training center.
- Seth Rollins tweeted the following about the big six-man match at WWE Extreme Rules:
“6 days. Evolution...
Yesterday, we took a look at the top inside linebacker prospects in this year’s draft.
I mentioned that the Rams probably won’t take any of these guys since they are firmly entrenched with sixth-year man James Laurinaitis in the middle for 2014.
However, Laurinaitis’s contract is front-loaded to the extreme. He counted $12.4 million against the Rams’ cap last year, the first...
ST. LOUIS -- James Laurinaitis doesn't have an answer.
The St. Louis Rams' middle linebacker has tried to figure out where things went wrong, why his team and his defense can look dominant in some games and struggle to stop anybody in others.
Laurinaitis knows that next month, when the Rams are watching the playoffs, they are going to be watching team they beat this season...