Western Conference Standings # Team GP P ROW 1 Canucks 79 107 42 2 Blues 79 106 44 3 Kings 79 91 33 4 Red Wings 79 99 39 5 Predators 79 98 41 6 Blackhawks 80 98 38 7 Coyotes 79 91 33 8 Sharks 79 90 32 9 Stars 79 89 35 10 Avalanche 80 88 32 TV/Radio Coverage
Coverage in Nashville: FS-TN and 102.5 The Game
Coverage in Minnesota: FS-N/FS-WI and KFAN 100.3
Season Series Date Away Home Result 11/23 NSH MIN 2-3 MIN 12/28 MIN NSH 1-2 NSH 1/31 NSH MIN 5-4 NSH Line Up News
Projected Starting Goalies: Name W L OT SV % GAA #35 Pekka Rinne 42 18 8 .922 2.43 #37 Josh Harding 12 12 4 .916 2.68 Projected Predators Scratches: #15 C Craig Smith, #22 W Jordin Tootoo, #23 W Brian McGrattan (Upper Body), #33 C Colin Wilson, #38 D Jack Hillen, #49 D Ryan Ellis and #72 W Jack Maclellan
Projected Wild Scratches: #38 D Steven Kampfer (Sprained Knee), #43 C Warren Peters (Upper Body), #7 C Matt Cullen (Finger), #28 W Matt Kassian (Sports Hernia) and #46 D Jared Spurgeon (Concussion)
Projected Predators Line-Ups: LW C RW #74 Sergei Kostitsyn #12 Mike Fisher #10 Martin Erat #46 Andrei Kostitsyn #11 David Legwand #47 Alexander Radulov #57 Gabriel Bourque #13 Nick Spaling #27 Patric Hornqvist #18 Brandon Yip #28 Paul Gaustad #24 Matt Halischuk D D #20 Ryan Suter #6 Shea Weber #75 Hal Gill #59 Roman Josi #51 Francis Bouillon #8 Kevin Klein Goalies #35 Pekka Rinne #39 Anders Lindback Minnesota Wild Players to Watch For: Name G A #15 Dany Heatley 22 28 #21 Kyle Brodziak 22 22 #22 Cal Clutterbuck 14 12 NHL Games to Watch For: Sharks @ Stars at 7:30 PM and Blue Jackets @ Coyotes at 9 PM
Thoughts on Both Teams
Wild: The Minnesota Wild enter this game off a 5-4 shootout win over the Chicago Blackhawks at the United Center, Sunday night. The Wild's record in the last ten games is 5-5-0.
Minnesota's season is pretty much over and have to play their final three games without the games meaning anything. The goal is for the Minnesota Wild, right now, is to play spoiler. They have beat the Florida Panthers, Los Angeles Kings and Chicago Blackhawks in their last three games. The Wild are hot and would love to continue their spoiling Tuesday night against the Predators, Thursday night against the Blackhawks, and Saturday night against the Coyotes.
The Minnesota Wild are very injured right now, as you can see in the scratches. Here are the players on IR, Pierre-Marc Bouchard and Guillaume Latendresse have concussions, and Mike Lundin has a sports hernia.
On the goalie situation for the Wild, I honestly don't know who is going to start for them. I have reason to believe it is Josh Harding because he has received the
Predators: The Nashville Predators enter this game off a tough, 5-4 loss to the Chicago Blackhawks, Saturday night. The Predators' record in the last ten games is 4-5-1. Having that record in this time of season is not a good way to enter the Stanley Cup Playoffs/
Since the Wild's season is over, they are now playing spoiler and trying to keep their jobs for next season. Nashville can not take this game lightly. This is a must-win if they want home-ice advantage in the first round of the playoffs. I won't be happy if they lose this game Tuesday night.
The Nashville Predators are very healthy compared to the Minnesota Wild. Brian McGrattan is the only one injured. McGrattan has an upper body injury and is out indefinitely. Although, he has been practicing for a while now, as well as Monday.
On the goalie situation, Pekka Rinne is my projected starting goalie. Barry Trotz said he will be limiting and monitoring his time in practice. So, don't be surprised if Anders Lindback gets the surprised start. We should know after Morning Skate.
Here are some Quick Hits from the Nashville Predators.
• Nashville has posted a 27-12-4 record in its last 43 games, outscoring the opposition 131-104 (plus 27), despite being outshot 1,301-1,205 (minus 96).
• Nashville is one of only four teams to rank in the League’s Top 10 in both goals per game and goals-against per game – Boston, Detroit and Vancouver are the others.
• The Predators are 32-3-4 when scoring first – the League’s second-best winning percentage in that situation.
• The Predators have scored 227 goals for the season – that is the fourth-highest total in club history – 272 (06-07), 259 (05-06), 230 (07-08).
• With 42 victories on the year, Pekka Rinne holds the franchise record and leads the League in the category. He also leads the League in saves (1,949), shots against (2,115), and appearances (71). Nashville is 14-0-2 this season when Rinne makes 35 saves or more.
• With his next victory, Head Coach Barry Trotz will move into third place in wins with a single franchise, passing Toe Blake (500), and into 15th on the all-time wins list, tying Pat Burns. Trotz became just the fifth bench bosses to post 500 wins with a single franchise (Al Arbour, NYI; Lindy Ruff, BUF; Billy Reay, CHI and Toe Blake, MTL) last Friday with the Preds win over Detroit.
TEAMS: Minnesota Wild, Nashville Predators, Detroit Red Wings, Columbus Blue Jackets, Chicago Blackhawks, Florida Panthers, Buffalo Sabres, Los Angeles Kings
Delivered to your inbox
|Latest Rumors||Best of Yardbarker|
Today's Best Stuff
Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.
What is Yardbarker?