Apparently Sidney Crosby is not the only member of the Pittsburgh Penguins that doesn’t like the Flyers. After losing Game 6 of the series to the Flyers by a final of 5-1, and thereby the series, Penguins’ head coach Dan Bylsma spoke to the media about the series loss. A couple of weeks ago, Bylsma and Flyers’ coach Peter Laviolette engaged in a screaming match during which Lavy had to be restrained and for which he was fined.
The two teams just finished a stretch of 7 straight games in which they faced each other, and there were 3 suspensions during the series (all Pens) so I get that they don’t like each other, but I thought Bylsma’s comment in the first 25 seconds or so was classless.
I’m not sure why it would surprise me, but it did. The players couldn’t restrain themselves for much of the series, but coaches are usually a little better than this. Some folks speculate that Bylsma was kidding, but I saw no smile and heard no indication that he was joking. All I saw was a bitter man and a sore loser.
Fast Tube by CasperSimilar Posts:
- Penguins Will Be Down 3 Players Tonight After Suspensions
- Penguins Turn Playoffs Into Circus – Flyers Prevail and Lead 3-0
- Making Sense of the Flyers – Penguins Mess – Neal, Asham and Craig Situations Explained
- Briere and Grossman Out for Flyers; Laviolette Loses Some Spending Money
- Flyers Dispatch Penguins; Move On