Found February 01, 2013 on
Mario Balotelli admits he will miss Manchester City after his deadline-day move to AC Milan but the Italian took a firm swipe at English culture.
The 22-year-old completed his move from the Etihad Stadium to the San Siro on Thursday, and speaking at a press conference Balotelli pulled no punches over his turbulent two-and-a-half-year stint away from his homeland.
He said: "I have to say thanks to all the City fans because they've been very nice to me and they always supported me in the good and in the bad moments. And I have to thank my team-mates, and the manager. Everything else, I'm happy that I left England.
"Good things - only when I get to Carrington to train. So my team-mates and manager. And the bad things? Everything else.
"The press, first. The weather. The food. The way you drive. That's it."
Balotelli refused to directly answer a question from one English newspaper journalist during his press conference.
However he was positive about the league he had left behind.
"To be honest the Premier League is an amazing league and I think it is the best. The crowd and the pitch ... it's an amazing league," he said.
"I don't know in the future if I could come back. For the moment I'm here."
Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani presented Balotelli with his number 45 shirt before thanking the Barclays Premier League champions for their co-operation in allowing the deal to go ahead.
He said: "As a club we are happy to bring back our Italian player after long negotiations and have to thank Manchester City in helping this transfer to go through. It was the most complicated in my career.
"We are happy that Balotelli has joined the team he supported as a boy and it has been a dream of mine for a long to bring the player to the club.
"I always said it was 99.9 per cent that it would not happen. I was just being realistic, but now it has happened."
City boss Roberto Mancini, who first gave Balotelli a chance at Inter Milan, brought the unpredictable forward to England in summer 2010 and stood by him after a series of misdemeanours on and off the field.
The manager even vowed to give Balotelli "another 100 chances" after a high-profile training-ground altercation with him last month, but Milan's persistent interest in the player led to his departure.
Asked if there was a weight on his shoulders after joining his boyhood club, the former Inter forward said: "It's an honour and a great opportunity so I hope to grow as a player and I am here as a man. I hope to stay as here as long as possible.
"It has always been a dream for me to play for Milan and I am happy to be back near my family but I would rather play than talk about it."
Balotelli scored 30 goals in 80 appearances for City and played key roles in the 2011 FA Cup success and last year's Premier League title win.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
New club teammates Mario Balotelli and Stephen El Shaarawy will lead Italy's attack in a friendly at the Netherlands next week.
Balotelli joined AC Milan in a transfer from Manchester City this week and scored on his debut back in Serie A Sunday. El Shaarawy has scored 15 goals for Milan this season.
Coach Cesare Prandelli also called up goalkeeper Federico Marchetti after...
AC Milan have completed the signing of Mario Balotelli from Manchester City .
The Italy striker, who previously played for Milan's rivals Inter, returns to San Siro on a four-and-a-half-year contract.
City confirmed Balotelli's exit on their website and the 22-year-old, who won the FA Cup and the Premier League in his two full seasons but made many headlines for his disciplinary...
AC Milan and Premier League champions Manchester City have agreed a deal for striker Mario Balotelli. A fee of £19 million plus add-ons (possibly including a bet on March madness or two) will see the 22 year old return to the San Siro, but representing the red and black of Milan.
Life long fan Balotelli had previously expressed desire to one day join the Rossoneri and is scheduled...
After a two-year fling with English football, Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli has finally ended the heated relationship after returning to Italy to sign for AC Milan this January. Balotelli, widely considered the Premier League’s most flawed geniuses for the last decade, touched down in Milan on Wednesday before agreeing a four-year contract with the [...]
[[ This is a...
Mario Balotelli (Photo credit: DrabikPany)
Mario Balotelli completed his move to AC Milan today and the move has got plenty of attention. Manchester City will not miss the antics, or indeed the goals, of the Italy international though.
When you consider the amount of problems Balotelli has caused manager Roberto Mancini since arriving in August 2010, it seems fair to say that only...
Mario Balotelli can be described as the ‘Marmite’ of football. You either love him or you hate him. It’s incredible to think that he is still only 22 years old. In a short period of time he has won the Premier league title with Manchester City and was part of Jose Mourinho’s treble winning Inter Milan side.
After a turbulent two years at Manchester City which saw him have...
Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini claims the club are not happy to have lost Mario Balotelli and the decision to sell was a difficult one.
Balotelli's extraordinary, controversy-filled spell at the Etihad Stadium came to an end this week as he completed a reported £19million transfer to boyhood club AC Milan .
The move came at the end of a month of intense speculation over...
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has parting advice for Mario Balotelli: Take full advantage of this chance at AC Milan.
Mancini tells Italian state radio that ''Mario is a great kid, he just needs to understand how lucky he is to know how to play football, because a footballer's life passes in a hurry. Just think about (former Brazil and Inter Milan striker)...
After moving to AC Milan on transfer deadline day Mario Balotelli became the latest in an illustrious list of players to appear for both i Rossoneri and rivals Inter Milan. FIFA.com runs through a some of the most memorable players to play for both.
During his time in the Premier League, former Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli became the archetypal whipping boy for a series of ex-Liverpool players. Over the last year, Steve Nicol, Didi Hamann, Alan Hansen, Mark Lawrenson and Graeme Souness had all stuck the knife into Balotelli at one time or another, and now, Tommy Smith has delivered one final parting shot.
LFc legends have been
Liverpool face Manchester City in the Premier League this afternoon, and one noticeable will be Mario Balotelli, who left for Serie A giants AC Milan earlier this week. The volatile Italian became a regular whipping boy for the likes of Alan Hansen, Mark Lawrenson and Graeme Souness, who regularly criticised him in their respective columns, but in his first press conference as a Milan player,