Found August 19, 2013 on
Serie A Talk:
Manchester United have offered £28million for the double signing of Everton’s Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines, but the bid has been swiftly rejected by the Merseyside club.
The official club statement from Everton FC reads:
“Everton can confirm that it has received bids from Manchester United for two players. Those bids were immediately rejected out of hand as derisory and insulting.
“The Club did not make public these details as it was vital Roberto Martinez’s preparations for the opening game of the Premier League season were not disrupted in anyway.”
The ball is now in Manchester United’s court to decide whether they want to lodge a second bid. Meanwhile, for Everton supporters, the concern is that they could be losing not one, but two of their better footballers if a new, improved bid is offered.
Everton Reject Manchester United’s £28million Bid For Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines is a post from World Soccer Talk.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Manchester United are expected to make new bids for Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines by making separate bids for each player instead of a combined bid.
Here are tonight’s world soccer news headlines:
Manchester United to split bid for Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini — The Guardian
Arsenal’s growing injury crisis affects plans for Champions League...
Manchester United manager David Moyes is trying to sign Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines from Everton but his former club has rejected the approach.
After reports of a joint bid of 28 million pounds ($43 million) for the players, Everton said it had ''been rejected out of hand.''
The club said the offer was ''derisory and insulting.''
Manchester United are expected to return with separate offers for Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines having incensed Everton with a joint £28m bid for David Moyes's former players.
Everton described as "derisory and insulting" an offer that valued Fellaini at £16m a decrease on what Moyes paid for the midfielder five years ago and Baines at £12m the sum rejected...
It seems David Moyes is having some more separation anxiety from Everton, as Manchester United put in what can only be called a weak double bid for the services of Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini. Foxsoccer.com reports that the offer coming in for both players was a meager £28 Million pounds, a sum that Everton called both, “derisory and insulting.”
The offer, which...
Everton have rejected a £28million bid from Manchester United for Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines.
United manager David Moyes previously worked at Everton and is very familiar with England left-back Baines and Belgium midfielder Fellaini.
And it has long been speculated that he might be keen to take one or both of the duo with him to Old Trafford.
However, Everton are determined...
Manchester United have enquired over the availability of Southampton left-back Luke Shaw as they draw up a list of potential alternatives to Everton’s Leighton Baines.
The highly-rated Shaw 18 is regarded as one of England’s best prospects and United manager David Moyes has checked on him after facing up to the prospect of missing out on Baines.
Shaw signed a five-season contract...
Manchester United's David Moyes will turn up the heat on previous employers Everton with an improved £35million combined bid for Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines.
Moyes' Goodison successor Roberto Martinez claims the champions' pursuit is a waste of time.
But the Old Trafford giants intend to test Everton's determination to keep the pair and increase that...
Everton have described a joint bid from Manchester United believed to be £28million for Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines as "derisory and insulting".
United manager David Moyes is very familiar with England left-back Baines and Belgium midfielder Fellaini from his time at the helm of the Goodison Park side.
And it has long been speculated that he might be keen to...
An encouraging start to the season under their new manager was promptly shifted to the back of Evertonian minds on Monday morning. That was following the news that the Toffees had turned down a £28 million bid from Manchester United for Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines a mere day before the start of the Premier League campaign.
Everton subsequently released a statement confirming...
This Manchester article is from Aayush Dureha.
Manchester United’s combined bid for Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini and left back Leighton Baines has been turned down by their club. An offer believed to be £28m was labelled “derisory and insulting” by Everton in a press statement on the club’s website.
“Everton can confirm that it has received bids from Manchester...
Manchester United’s joint £28m bid for Everton duo rejected - originally posted on Soccerlens.com
Manchester United strolled past Swansea City 4-1 on Saturday, but new manager David Moyes must know that few surgeries are still required before the transfer window closes. The club has yet to sign any major names, while Moyes has been unsuccessful in landing his prime target Cesc...