Posted November 20, 2012 on
AP on Fox
The French Football Federation says midfielder Yohan Cabaye was already injured when he joined up with the squad last week for the friendly against Italy.
The FFF says ''the Newcastle player arrived injured,'' adding that ''he did not train once'' and ''did not play the slightest minute of the Italy-France match, which he followed from the bench, without wearing his match kit.''
The FFF issued the statement in reaction to what it says are incorrect reports as to how Cabaye injured his groin.
Newcastle manager Alan Pardew expects Cabaye's injury to keep him out until January. Some French media is reporting the player was injured after meeting up with the squad to prepare for the match.
BEST OF MAXIM
We had mentioned earlier today there was some bad news on Yohan Cabaye and that he may need an operation to clear up his groin injury. The bad news now is that the injury has turned out to be even worse than first thought. Yohan Cabaye – may be out until new year? It seems [...]
Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has confirmed that midfielder Yohan Cabaye is to undergo surgery which will sideline him for several weeks.
The France international will have an operation on his damaged groin either later this week or at the beginning of next week after limping out of the Barclays Premier League defeat by West Ham two weekends ago.
Pardew said: "He will definitely...
We had said a few says ago that groin operations these days can be done with keyhole surgery, so that the player does not have a long recovery time, and Michael Owen even played after 10 days, after having minor surgery on his groin when he was at Newcastle. Yohan Cabaye – in action for [...]
Alan Pardew has had even more bad luck following our two home defeats in a row, and Yohan Cabaye seems to be ruled out for a couple of months at least with his groin injury, and the decision about whether he should have surgery has still to be made. Yohan Cabaye – could be out [...]
Moussa Sissoko is on the radar screen of Newcastle United for a possible January move, although he is also being tracked by both Juventus and Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala, who are owned by Billionaire Suleyman Kerimov. Moussa Sissoko – praises Newcastle again? The 23 year-old has been talking to Yohan Cabaye about the Newcastle team [...]