Found July 19, 2013 on
David Moyes has reiterated that Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney is not for sale and is waiting for a response on his bid for Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas.
Earlier this week, it emerged that Rooney has been left feeling "angry and confused" by his treatment by United after he returned home early from the club's pre-season tour of Asia and Australia due to injury.
Rooney was reportedly unhappy at comments made by Moyes last weekend which have been interpreted as meaning that the England international is back-up to Robin van Persie.
United chief executive Ed Woodward also confirmed there are no imminent plans to discuss a new contract with the 27-year-old forward, who has two years to run on his existing deal.
Premier League rivals Chelsea subsequently confirmed a bid had been rejected for Rooney and Jose Mourinho stated that the forward is his only striking target.
However, speaking ahead of United's game against the A-League All Stars in Sydney on Saturday, Moyes confirmed the club's stance on Rooney had not changed.
"The club's position on Wayne Rooney is there's no change to that," stated Moyes.
Meanwhile, the United boss also expressed his hope that he is close to making his first signing after a bid was lodged for Cesc Fabregas.
The Premier League champions have also been linked with a swoop for Tottenham Hotspur attacker Gareth Bale and Moyes is keen to add to his squad.
He said: "As far as players are concerned, we're looking to bring some in and we're working hard to do that.
"We're trying very hard to make some additions to the squad and hopefully we'll have some good news in the not too distance future."
Regarding the offer for Fabregas, Moyes added: "I couldn't tell you exactly where we are with that, but I will hopefully know a little bit more in the next day.
"I might have a little bit more information about how it's going."
Woodward left United's pre-season tour ahead of schedule on Wednesday in order to return to Europe to carry out urgent transfer business, with it understood to concern a player arriving at Old Trafford.
He was due to return home on Sunday and his decision to cut short his trip to the Far East indicates the urgency of the situation requiring his attention.
Everton duo Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini have also been strongly tipped to join their former boss Moyes at United, with one offer for the England left-back already having been rejected.
And, while United await Barcelona's response to their bid for Fabregas, there could still be competition to sign the former Arsenal captain.
The Red Devils' opening bid of £25million, communicated to Barcelona on Monday, has sharpened interest from Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City.
For his part, Fabregas has repeatedly said he is happy in Catalonia, and that stance was reiterated by Barca boss Tito Vilanova on Tuesday as he said: "It's normal to receive offers for our players from other teams. We have very good players, and we have to be very happy to have Cesc with us.
"I am conscious that he has received offers for other teams, but I had a conversation with him and he let me know that we wanted to stay here, and his dream is to be successful here.
"So he is not thinking about any other club, not even for money or for minutes, even if he knows all the competition he has here with Xavi, Iniesta and also this year against Sergi and Roberto, but he told me that his dream is to be here. I'm not worried at all."
BEST OF MAXIM
Wayne Rooney believes that Sir Alex Ferguson is still one of the power brokers at Manchester United, which is one of the reasons why the striker wants to leave the club, reports The Guardian tonight.
Rooney has reason to believe that Ferguson still has an influence at the club. Ferguson lied about Rooney submitting a transfer request at the end of last season, when the club admit...
Rooney to Chelsea Mirrors van Persie Saga Last Year - originally posted on Soccerlens.com
So the news is out. Chelsea have officially bid for 27-year old Manchester United and England striker Wayne Rooney.
And to add spice to the intrigue, recently appointed Chelsea manager José Mourinho has now stated publicly that Rooney is his only transfer target this summer.
Wayne Rooney won’t be leaving Manchester United any time soon. Chelsea reportedly made a strong bid to sign the striker, but his current club rejected the overtures.
New Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho publicly expressed admiration for Rooney last week and on Wednesday the team released a statement that it had, indeed put in a bid to Man U.
The statement from Chelsea said:
Rio Ferdinand has backed the appointment of David Moyes as Manchester United manager but warned him he will have to hit the ground running.
Moyes begins the daunting task of taking over from Sir Alex Ferguson when he leads his side in his first competitive game as United boss at Swansea on 17 August.
The Premier League champions are on a pre-season tour of Australia and Ferdinand...
Paris Saint-Germain coach Laurent Blanc has ruled out making a move for unsettled Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney.
Rooney's future at United has been the subject of widespread speculation this summer with the England international left feeling "angry and confused" by his treatment by United.
Chelsea are thought to be leading the race to sign Rooney with the...
Chelsea deny offering star duo to Manchester United, but confirm cash offer for Wayne Rooney - originally posted on Soccerlens.comChelsea have wasted no time in reacting strongly to the suggestions that the club is looking to sell either of Juan Mata or David Luiz, and have included either of the duo as a make-weight deal for Manchester United’s unsettled striker Wayne Rooney....
Associated Press Had he been given the task of choosing Manchester United's new manager, Rio Ferdinand says he would have followed the club's decision to pick David Moyes.
Moyes was handed a six-year contract to succeed Alex Ferguson at United and his first Premier League match in charge comes against Swansea in four weeks' time.
Ferdinand says, ''He's young...
Paris St Germain centre-back Thiago Silva has again stressed he will honour his long-term contract with the capital club, despite being heavily linked with a summer move to Barcelona.
Barcelona-based newspaper Sport last week reported that the Catalan club had agreed personal terms with the 28-year-old Brazil defender, but this was swiftly denied by the player's agent Paulo...
Jose Mourinho insisted the future of Wayne Rooney is a decision for Manchester United as the tussle for the striker's services began in earnest.
Rooney is at the center of a row between Chelsea and United over a bid made on Tuesday for the player which was rejected by the Premier League champions. Mourinho was low-key when commenting on the offer in Bangkok on Wednesday, despite...
Chelsea watched as Radamel Falcao and Edinson Cavani, two of world soccer’s most proficient and in-demand goal scorers, made big-money moves to French clubs. While the Blues may have tracked the South American duo for months, they only really had eyes for Wayne Rooney.
The Manchester United and England star is unhappy at Old Trafford, and there’s a good chance he’ll leave...
A star is emerging for the Gunners in the Far East. Forget Luis Suarez and Wayne Rooney. The sparking debut of a 16-year old midfielder with American ties is the most exciting development of the summer for Arsenal supporters.
Gedion Zelalem was born in Germany to an Ethopian father and was spotted by Arsenal scouts two years ago while playing for Olney Rangers Soccer club in Maryland...
We are just one month away from seeing if the NBC Sports Group and their parent company NBC Universal have guessed right about soccer. The network paided out an estimated $250 million dollars for the rights to the Premier League This week the network debuted their plans on what soccer fans can look for starting on August 17th when the league gets underway. Coverage begins...
Each day we'll bring you the very latest tabloid rumors as the biggest clubs around splash the cash to bolster their rosters. True or not, they're always entertaining...
Jose Mourinho will keep battling to sign Wayne Rooney - even though Manchester United told the Chelsea boss to forget it.
Arsene Wenger last night insisted Arsenal can meet Wayne Rooney's wage demands...
Chelsea and Arsenal to battle it out for three world class strikers - originally posted on Soccerlens.comIt seems like cross town rivals Chelsea and Arsenal will battle each other out in the summer transfer window, as both the London clubs are in a tug-of-war for three quality strikers – Luis Suarez, Gonzalo Higuain and Wayne Rooney.
Both Arsenal and Chelsea have registered an...