Found February 07, 2013 on Fox Soccer:
PLAYERS: Harry Redknapp
Harry Redknapp says Loic Remy could make his return from injury when QPR visit Swansea this weekend. There had been reports that the Frenchman faced up to two months on the sidelines after hurting his groin last Friday. However, Rs boss Redknapp has rubbished those claims and says Remy will return at the Liberty Stadium providing he is satisfied the injury will not be aggravated. "He's close to being fit for Saturday," Redknapp said. "He trained this morning, he's very close. "But I don't want to rush him in case he breaks down." Remy joined Rangers from Marseille last month in an ?8million deal and scored on his debut against West Ham. Meanwhile, QPR chief executive Phil Beard admitted that relegation from the Premier League could hinder the club's hopes of building a new stadium. "Premier League stability is important," said Beard. "We share a training ground that isn't right. We will build a new one. "A new stadium is a long term goal. We have great fans but we need to grow that fan base to fill it. "It is going to be a minimum of four of five years before we have a new stadium." Redknapp added: "You only fill stadiums if you are in the Premier League." Rangers will "vigorously defend" any claim from finance firm Orlit after confirming they have been in dispute with the company. The Glasgow club released a brief statement on Wednesday night saying they had agreed a deal with Orlit over an "insignificant" debt, after reports claimed the firm would seek a winding-up petition over a ?400,000 bill. Rangers repeated their claim that a deal had been agreed, but not completed, although they added they were still being "harassed". The club said: "Rangers have been disputing a payment to a foreign company, Orlit, although it should be stressed we have never said there is no bill to be met. "What we have said and what we are telling our supporters is that not all of the invoices submitted with regard to this bill are legitimate. "Clearly there has been a lack of understanding within the media about this when all we have done is refuse to be forced into paying sums we do not owe. It's as simple as that." Rangers again insisted that there was no threat to the club and added: "If Orlit wish to instruct their lawyers to go to court then we will defend our position vigorously. "We are absolutely convinced we'd win but we did think it would be better to avoid giving our many detractors another bar with which to beat us over the head. "That's why we made an offer to settle but we now find we are still being harassed." Orlit have made no comment on the matter. The statement was accompanied by a separate, near-1,200-word article, written by recently-appointed director of communications James Traynor, which hit out at media coverage of the club. Ambrose and his Nigeria team-mates will face Burkina Faso on Sunday evening in the African Nations Cup final, placing a question mark over his availability for the first leg of the last-16 clash at Parkhead. Lennon concedes the versatile defender is a doubt but will give him every opportunity ahead of Tuesday's European outing. He told CelticTV: "Nigeria did fantastically well and Efe has played brilliantly in the game so I'm delighted for him in one way, but obviously very frustrated in another. "The final is on Sunday and he probably won't get back until Monday evening, so he would be a doubt. "We will get him into the squad and see how he is feeling." Better news for Lennon is the likelihood that James Forrest and Fraser Forster will both be available for the visit of the Italian side. Forrest has had a scan after returning to Celtic Park early from Scotland duty, having made his return from a hamstring injury against Raith Rovers last weekend. Lennon said: "He's just having a wee problem with his hamstrings at the moment. He came off again on Sunday feeling a bit tight. "He went away with Scotland and had a scan on Tuesday back in Glasgow. "There was nothing on the first reading so we are hopeful he will be all right. "He's going for a second one today just to confirm it. "If that's the case, we'll maybe not have him for this weekend but he'll be in the squad for Juventus." Forster should return against Inverness on Saturday after being sidelined with a neck injury, while striker Georgios Samaras (hamstring) and left-back Emilio Izaguirre (knee) are battling to recover from injury ahead of the Juventus game. Lennon said: "Fraser should be all right for the weekend and, if he comes through that, then he'll be starting against Juventus. "With Sammy, we're giving him every opportunity and we'll see how he is over the weekend. Emilio should be fit for the game." Mulumbu suffered a knee injury before taking part in the African Nations Cup for DR Congo and on his return missed last Sunday's 1-0 home setback against Tottenham. But he was back training with his team-mates on Thursday and optimistic he will be ready to face the Reds. Mulumbu told Albion's official website: "I missed the QPR FA Cup game before the African Cup of Nations with what I thought was a small injury. "But the intensity of the games in the African Cup of Nations meant I needed a rest when I came back. "It was hard mentally and physically but I've had a good rest over the last week and I feel refreshed. "Mentally it was hard not to get through the group and it was quite painful physically playing through the injury. "But when you play for your country and fans you just get over it - and I did it. "I have been training this week but today was my first day back training with all the team. "I think I will be fit for Monday's game, my knee is getting better, and I felt really good today." On Thursday afternoon Portsmouth's administrators, PKF, said they had received a new offer to buy the troubled club from former Football League chairman Keith Harris, which would rival the PST's bid. Despite the football financier wanting the fans' group to be involved in the proposed takeover, the Football League has released a statement stating it will not consider any new bids for the struggling south coast outfit. The statement read: "At its meeting in London earlier today, the board of the Football League was appraised of the current situation regarding the administration of Portsmouth Football Club in light of media reports that the administrator, PKF, is considering a new offer for the Club. "The League had previously been informed by PKF that its preferred bid for the club was from the Pompey Supporters Trust (PST) and all parties have been focused on a successful transfer of share to that consortium. "Given that the Football League's Insolvency Policy prohibits a club from beginning two consecutive seasons in administration, the board took the view that any change of preferred bidder at such a late stage would only create further uncertainty and was not in the wider interests of the League and its member clubs. "Therefore, the League has informed the administrator that it will not currently consider transferring the club's share in The Football League to a new bidder. "This means that in the event that the PST bid does not succeed and Portsmouth do not exit administration before the end of the current playing season, the club will lose its membership of The Football League." The PST are the preferred bidder of PKF but their proposal hinges on buying the club's Fratton Park ground, which is still controlled by former Portsmouth owner Balram Chainrai. PKF are seeking permission to sell the ground and are due in court with Chainrai's company Portpin next Thursday. Pompey have been in administration since February last year and will be deducted 10 points if and when they exit. They are currently second from bottom in League One, two points above Hartlepool, having lost their last eight matches.
THE BACKYARD
BEST OF MAXIM
RELATED ARTICLES

Rangers confirm Orlit dispute

Harry Redknapp says Loic Remy could make his return from injury when QPR visit Swansea this weekend. There had been reports that the Frenchman faced up to two months on the sidelines after hurting his groin last Friday. However, Rs boss Redknapp has rubbished those claims and says Remy will return at the Liberty Stadium providing he is satisfied the injury will not be aggravated...

Rafa heaps praise on Lampard

Harry Redknapp says Loic Remy could make his return from injury when QPR visit Swansea this weekend. There had been reports that the Frenchman faced up to two months on the sidelines after hurting his groin last Friday. However, Rs boss Redknapp has rubbished those claims and says Remy will return at the Liberty Stadium providing he is satisfied the injury will not be aggravated...

Lennon hopeful over Ambrose

Harry Redknapp says Loic Remy could make his return from injury when QPR visit Swansea this weekend. There had been reports that the Frenchman faced up to two months on the sidelines after hurting his groin last Friday. However, Rs boss Redknapp has rubbished those claims and says Remy will return at the Liberty Stadium providing he is satisfied the injury will not be aggravated...

Laudrup lines up Wieghorst

Harry Redknapp says Loic Remy could make his return from injury when QPR visit Swansea this weekend. There had been reports that the Frenchman faced up to two months on the sidelines after hurting his groin last Friday. However, Rs boss Redknapp has rubbished those claims and says Remy will return at the Liberty Stadium providing he is satisfied the injury will not be aggravated...

Pulis desperate for Wilson return

Harry Redknapp says Loic Remy could make his return from injury when QPR visit Swansea this weekend. There had been reports that the Frenchman faced up to two months on the sidelines after hurting his groin last Friday. However, Rs boss Redknapp has rubbished those claims and says Remy will return at the Liberty Stadium providing he is satisfied the injury will not be aggravated...

Shiels keen to host internationals

Harry Redknapp says Loic Remy could make his return from injury when QPR visit Swansea this weekend. There had been reports that the Frenchman faced up to two months on the sidelines after hurting his groin last Friday. However, Rs boss Redknapp has rubbished those claims and says Remy will return at the Liberty Stadium providing he is satisfied the injury will not be aggravated...

Pardew eyes summer signings

Harry Redknapp says Loic Remy could make his return from injury when QPR visit Swansea this weekend. There had been reports that the Frenchman faced up to two months on the sidelines after hurting his groin last Friday. However, Rs boss Redknapp has rubbished those claims and says Remy will return at the Liberty Stadium providing he is satisfied the injury will not be aggravated...

Butcher relief over injuries

Harry Redknapp says Loic Remy could make his return from injury when QPR visit Swansea this weekend. There had been reports that the Frenchman faced up to two months on the sidelines after hurting his groin last Friday. However, Rs boss Redknapp has rubbished those claims and says Remy will return at the Liberty Stadium providing he is satisfied the injury will not be aggravated...

AVB confident of keeping Bale

Harry Redknapp says Loic Remy could make his return from injury when QPR visit Swansea this weekend. There had been reports that the Frenchman faced up to two months on the sidelines after hurting his groin last Friday. However, Rs boss Redknapp has rubbished those claims and says Remy will return at the Liberty Stadium providing he is satisfied the injury will not be aggravated...

Tottenham vs Newcastle – Match Preview

Newcastle fans will get a chance to see just how good the new Newcastle side is tomorrow afternoon, when the lads take on Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane, and in the same fixture last season we were taken apart 5-0 by Harry Redknapp’s side. And the Newcastle squad has been strengthened further this week [...]

Swansea beats struggling QPR 4-1 in Premier League

Michu scored two goals as Swansea's Spanish contingent secured a 4-1 win over Queens Park Rangers on Saturday to leave the visitors firmly rooted to the bottom of the Premier League. Michu slotted in the opener in the eighth minute after QPR goalkeeper Julio Cesar failed to hold on to a shot from Nathan Dyer, and fellow Spaniard Angel Rangel doubled the lead in the 18th. Substitute...
Soccer News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.