Extreme Rising Owner Steve O’Neill posted an update on his facebook account tonight regarding the current controversy surrounding the Extreme Rising World Heavyweight Title:
“Seriously, Luke Hawx is not the Extreme Rising World Heavyweight Champion. The match on 3/1 from ECWA where he defeated Stevie Richards was not sanctioned by myself or Extreme Rising, meaning that Michael...
- CM Punk will be appearing on next Sunday night’s episode of AMC’s The Talking Dead, the show that airs after The Walking Dead.
Punk was referred to as “Superfan Phil Brooks aka CM Punk” by host Chris Hardwick.
- Below is the full schedule for Monday, day 15 of the WWE Network launch:
12am EST – WrestleMania 26
4am EST – ECW Hardcore TV – 4/11/1994
5am EST – WCCW – 10/14/1982
6am EST – WrestleMania Rewind – WrestleMania 3
7am EST – Best of RAW – 3/25/2001
9am EST – RAW Flashback – 4/25/1993
10am EST – RAW Flashback – 5/2/1993
11am EST – Royal Rumble 2012
Former WWE star Bobby Lashley made his return to TNA at tonight’s Lockdown pay-per-view from Miami. He accepted the open challenge from Ethan Carter III. While they didn’t have a match, Lashley got the upperhand and speared Ethan to send him running from the cage.
The announcers talked like Lashley was back in the company. Lashley last appeared for TNA in 2010.
- The 2014 TNA Lockdown pay-per-view kicks off with footage of Magnus arriving earlier in the day. Mike Tenay welcomes us and he’s joined by Taz. We see footage of Samoa Joe also arriving earlier today. We go to the Lockdown opening video.
- We’re live from the University of Miami as Tenay welcomes us. We go to Christy Hemme in the steel cage.
Kazarian, Daniels and Chris Sabin...
As noted, Batista was involved in an incident at ringside with local radio DJ Cam Carson at WWE’s live event in Winnipeg this weekend. It was believed that the incident was planned as Carson’s employer was the main local sponsor for the live event. According to a fan in attendance, the two began arguing before Batista’s match against Big Show. When Batista turned to enter the...
There were a lot of fans that were there in the rain and the cold (including my poor, freezing wife that I somehow convinced her to join me). We began the night with Keith Roberts, James Hawke & Kody Kox hyping up the night.
First match: Lou Sterrett vs. “Jiggle-O” James Johnson
This was my first time to see Sterrett. I believe he’s been around a while. He has a nice, simple...
The Road to Absolution IX is officially underway, as 30 of the top stars in independent professional wrestling will compete for an opportunity to headline Absolute Intense Wrestling’s biggest show of the year. Witness the returns of ACH, Andrew Everett, The Batiri, Eddie Kingston, and MORE, all live in Cleveland’s historic Turners Hall.
AIW’s Gauntlet For the Gold 9
Why would anybody want one of those old TVs?
This podcast originally appears at BoredWrestlingFan.com and is broadcast live every Sunday afternoon at 2PM Eastern on BWFRadio.com.
Jorge returns, JT leaves early, and the whole crew talk about Gary Barnidge and DeAngelo Williams’ WrestleMania 30 scavenger hunt. They skew off onto a number of topics including the new video game South...
Sheamus was asked about CM Punk’s recent departure from the company during Friday’s Wizard World Sacramento Comic Con. Sheamus told fans that he doesn’t know what happened, and no one really knows what happened except for Punk. He said that he never had a problem with him, and that while they haven’t had many matches together, he always enjoyed being in the ring with him...
- Chris Jericho continues to draw strong crowds at conventions this year. Over 1,200 fans turned out to see him at the World of Wheels event in Detroit today.
- Hornswoggle will be appearing at the world premiere of Muppets Most Wanted in Los Angeles tomorrow night. He also has a cameo in the movie.
- Below is the latest WWE In 5 video:
- Below is the opening video for tonight’s TNA Lockdown pay-per-view:
- Velvet Sky will be answering fan questions on TNA’s official Facebook page tonight during Lockdown. Also, Eric Young will be answering questions on Twitter with the hashtag #AskEY.
- As noted, Ethan Carter III said he would still be wrestling at Lockdown tonight after Kurt Angle was pulled due to surgery...
- The Jack Swagger vs. Big E match that was taped at last Tuesday’s WWE SmackDown tapings did not air on Friday night’s broadcast for some reason. The match saw Big E get the win after more tension from The Real Americans.
- While doing media for WWE in the UK, Fandango told BANG Showbiz that he would be interested in following in Chris Jericho’s footsteps and doing Dancing...
Former WWE photographer Tom Buchanan recently spoke with Inside The Ropes were he talked about the time The Ultimate Warrior tried to kill him when Bret Hart had just became champion.
“Bret, until he was champion, wasn’t great with the fans,” Buchanan said. “You know he’d sign autographs and stuff, but he wouldn’t present his character to them and make them feel like...
Fandango was interviewed by The Independent. Here are some highlights:
Working with Chris Jericho at last year’s WrestleMania: ”It really took me a month or two after for it to set in that I debuted at Wrestlemania and beat Lionheart Chris Jericho, a guy I grew up watching, and who was one of the reasons I got into the wrestling business – a huge influence for me – and...
From Ian Rotten-
“Every promoter tells you how big their next show is, and I am no exception. However, let me tell you WHY this show is huge. Sunday, March 9th, at Jammerz Rollerdome Sunday Bloody Sunday stands out for me. Not just because of the array of talent coming in from all over the country, not only for the fact that it will be Drake Youngers second to last IWA Mid South...
TNA Star Austin Aries recently spoke with Wildtalk Radio. They discussed numerous topics, including recent changes to TNA, who he would like to see in TNA, and Much More. Check out the highlights:
On MVP and the Wolves coming in and the recent changes made to TNA: “I think it’s important for any company to keep their product fresh and that really in any facet; whether you’re...
TMZ caught up with Hulk Hogan recently, who when asked about how he felt said:
“I feel great. I was great back then, Im great now, and you know the deal brother, now with the WWE network I am going to be great forever.”
When asked about his thoughts on CM Punk he said:
“I hope he’s on a short vacation, maybe in Hawaii somewhere”
You can watch the full video below:
The following results are from Ring of Honor’s “Raising the Bar: Night 2″. The event took place on March 8th, 2014 at the Frontier Fieldhouse in Chicago, Illinois.
Jake Dirden defeated Will Ferrara.
Michael Elgin defeated Tyson Dux.
Tag Team Match
The Decade (Roderick Strong & BJ Whitmer) defeated Adrenaline RUSH (TaDarius Thomas &...
- Below is the final card for TNA’s Lockdown pay-per-view from Miami.
Team MVP (MVP, Jeff Hardy and The Wolves) vs. Team Dixie (Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, BroMans)
Steel Cage Match for the World Heavyweight Title
Samoa Joe vs. Magnus
Steel Cage Match for the TNA Knockouts Title
Gail Kim vs. Madison Rayne
Steel Cage Last Man Standing Match
Gunner vs. James Storm...
WWE Hall of Famer “The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase Sr. recently took some time to participate in an exclusive in-depth interview with Pro Wrestling Mania. DiBiase, now retired from active wrestling, serves the public as a minister for Heart of David Ministry and had a lot to say about his new profession, wrestling, his family and more including Vince McMahon, Steve Austin...
- WWE’s latest 30 Second Fury video looks at Michelle McCool’s Faithbreaker:
- Sheamus vs. Randy Orton for the WWE World Heavyweight Title and Big Show vs. The Shield in a handicap match is being advertised for the April 27th WWE live event in Peoria, IL.
- We noted before that WWE officials including Triple H addressed the NXT roster at the most recent NXT TV tapings and told...
Watch this week’s episode of NWA Smoky Mountain TV in its entirety, below:
There are issues with the original Sin Cara appearing for the AAA promotion on their TV show in Mexico because he’s still under a 90-day non-compete with WWE.
WWE does not have issues with Cara wrestling on indie shows but he cannot appear on TV until the 90 days is up in May. Cara is still insistent that after May, he will be able to use the Sin Cara name on TV. Cara says his...
- Last night’s WWE live event at Madison Square Garden was not sold out but drew a strong crowd of 14,000-15,000.
- Triple H made a rare live event appearance last night at MSG. He cut a promo before Kane vs. Daniel Bryan and talked about the great names who have headlined MSG before knocking Bryan. Triple H said Bryan will never main event MSG or WrestleMania and will never be...