Found December 13, 2012 on
Ring Side News:
Alberto Del Rio
- As noted before, the December 10th WWE RAW did a 2.67 rating with 3.76 million viewers, the fourth lowest rating of the past 15 years.
In the segment breakdown, the show opener with Dolph Ziggler, Sheamus and Big Show did a 2.78 opening quarter. The segment with Vince McMahon and Vickie Guerrero plus R-Truth vs. Wade Barrett and the backstage segment with AJ Lee lost 41,000 viewers. The tag team match with Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow vs. The Usos vs. Darren Young & Titus O'Neil vs. Primo & Epico lost 262,000 viewers.
Alicia Fox vs. Eve Torres and the segment with CM Punk and Paul Heyman gained 223,000 viewers. Dolph Ziggler vs. Sheamus gained 201,000 viewers in the 9pm timeslot for a 2.87 quarter rating. The backstage video from Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns lost 354,000 viewers. Zack Ryder vs. Alberto Del Rio gained 114,000 viewers. Vickie Guerrero vs. AJ Lee in the 10pm timeslot gained 115,000 viewers for a 2.78 quarter rating.
Antonio Cesaro vs. Kofi Kingston lost 546,000 viewers and did a show-low 2.39 quarter rating. MizTV with The Miz, Rhodes and Sandow gained 169,000 viewers. John Cena vs. Big Show gained 11,000 viewers in the main event, doing a 2.52 quarter rating. This would be among the lowest drawing main events in the last 15 years. The RAW overrun which featured The Shield and everyone else in a big brawl gained 627,000 viewers for a 2.96 overrun rating.
Big Backstage News on Vince McMahon, Top Name Working on Plans for The Rock, More...
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
BEST OF MAXIM
- AJ Lee tweeted after last night’s RAW and called it a “New Jersey Screw Job.” John Cena replied and commented on The Shield:
“I would have called it NJ intimate time, but to each their own. Anyway in non intimate affairs, @WWE steel horse gets some down time in mass, see you in Wilkes B., on Sat, may tout some #snatch 2morrow. And it appears as if Ive just inherited some...
Ryback recently spoke to Digital Sky. Here are some highlights.
The cancellation of his match with CM Punk this Sunday at TLC: ""It's unfortunate. I believe I'm going to be the WWE champion for many years to come - a staple of the WWE. It's just delaying the inevitable. I tend to focus on the positives. When I destroy CM Punk I want him healthy. I know that...
– Grantland.com has an interesting look at Vince McMahon’s change as a WWE character. You can check that out here.
– The pre-sale for the March 19th WWE SmackDown taping in Cincinnati, OH at TicketMaster. The password is WWERING.
– Digital Spy has an interview up with Ryback, which you can read here. During the interview, he discussed taking over for John Cena some day, stating...
Ryback recently spoke to Digital Sky. Here are some highlights.The cancellation of his match with CM Punk this Sunday at TLC: “”It’s unfortunate. I believe I’m going to be the WWE champion for many years to come – a staple of the WWE. It’s just delaying the inevitable. I tend to focus on the positives. When I destroy CM Punk I want him healthy. I know that time will come...
- The following video aired on last night’s WWE Main Event with Ryback sending a message to Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins:
- Ted DiBiase has put out feelers for acting gigs but reportedly is not interested in moving to Los Angeles. DiBiase is one of the names who have been talking about leaving WWE. Word going around was that he was staying with WWE until the end...
Which match will close the TLC PPV?:
It is believed that the Ryback, Kane and Daniel Bryan vs The Shield match will be the main event for WWE TLC this Sunday.
This gives the three newcomers and enormous opportunity to steal the show.
While the bout is a Tables Ladders and Chairs match, participants can win via pinfall or submission.
Embedded below are several video clips that WWE posted for the "Who's Next" Goldberg home video.
EXCLUSIVE: Reasons Why John Cena Should Not Win at TLC PPV
- John Cena appeared on NBC’s Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on Thursday night to promote WWE’s Tribute to The Troops special and the TLC pay-per-view.Cena talked about how important the Troops special is to WWE and put over the members of the military that they met while in Norfolk, Virginia last week.After promoting TTTT, Cena took the time to cut a promo against his TLC opponent...
- There were apparent attendance problems at last night's WWE SmackDown tapings in Bridgeport, Connecticut. One fan estimated under 2,000 fans in attendance and noted that it seemed like half of the seats were tarped off.
- During last night's SmackDown tapings, WWE had been advertising a face-off between TLC opponents Dolph Ziggler and John Cena but that segment never happened...
- WWE recently spoke to several Superstars about their predictions on some of the top matches at Sunday's TLC pay-per-view. Here are a few highlights:
Dolph Ziggler vs. John Cena
Layla: This will be a tough, tough fight, but my money’s on Dolph. It’s his time, and he deserves it, too. He’s worked so, so hard. Love him or hate him, he really is a showoff, but he has a...
- Here’s the updated WWE TLC card coming out of last night’s RAW:Ladder Match for the Money in the Bank Briefcase John Cena vs. Dolph ZigglerChairs Match for the World Heavyweight Title Sheamus vs. Big ShowSix-Man TLC Match Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns vs. Kane, Daniel Bryan and RybackWWE Intercontinental Title Match Wade Barrett vs. Kofi KingstonWWE United States...
- WWE recently spoke to several Superstars about their predictions on some of the top matches at Sunday’s TLC pay-per-view. Here are a few highlights:
Dolph Ziggler vs. John Cena
Layla: This will be a tough, tough fight, but my money’s on Dolph. It’s his time, and he deserves it, too. He’s worked so, so hard. Love him or hate him, he really is a showoff, but he has a lot...