Found November 30, 2012 on
JBL discusses the chaos backstage at SmackDown:
WWE commentator JBL posted a blog on his Facebook discussing the chaos backstage at Tuesday’s SmackDown tapings after the fire system was tripped and sprinklers were set off in the locker room.
From JBL’s perspective Kane’s pyro was not the cause, rather a backstage production light overheated:
“I see total chaos. Apparently Dave Kapoor (who is Great Khali’s working ‘brother’) was filming a backstage segment and a light either burst or got too close to a sprinkler and set off the fire sprinklers in the dressing room I had my stuff in,” recalls the former WWE Champion.
“The force of the water was unreal. Guys were trying to save our stuff in the dark (we all had computers, clothes etc) and also trying to figure out a way to get the water off. The alarm had sounded it looked like the filming of the sinking of the Titanic.
“I’m in the room trying to get my extra suit and computer as my stuff was right under the sprinkler, guys were helping me with flashlights in the darkness.
“The alarm was saying to evacuate the building.
“Triple H had left ‘Gorilla’ and was directing guys to put towels down to keep the flooding in one area, it was a ton of water. Our whole crew was back there trying to figure out how to keep the water in one room. It was unreal seeing guys trying to stop something minor before it became something major. If all the sprinklers had come on, tons of stuff would have been ruined-fortunately it was only one dressing room
“They all finally succeeded. Some guys stuff was ruined, poor Dave Kapoor was just soaked with horrible smelling water.
“We tape up to four shows on Tuesdays, not to mention the backstage stuff-an incredible amount. The WWE did what we always do and adjusted to outside forces and taped the shows.
“Ah, the joys of taping TV. Just another fun chapter now and some really good TV taped around it.”
Dixie Carter signs Velvet Sky:
Velvet Sky has quietly re-signed with TNA according to a PWInsider.com report.
Dixie Carter apparently negotiated the deal herself because she holds Velvet in high regard and was not happy that she was allowed to leave the company.
It’s believed she’ll return in 2013 and has already stopped Indy bookings.
Sky along with her former Beautiful People partner Angelina Love were part of some of the highest rated segments in Impact Wrestling history.
She left the company in July amidst rumors that the Knockouts were unhappy with Bruce Prichard’s vision for the division.
Maven’s Tough Enough trophy pawned off:
Former WWE star Maven has had his Tough Enough trophy pawned off for $600.
The season 1 winner failed to pay his rental on a storage unit in Virginia, so the owner auctioned off the items inside.
TMZ spoke to Maven … who admits he’s bummed about the situation … but hopes the new owner of his trophy “cherishes [it] as much as I did.”
The former 3 time Hardcore Champion debuted in 2001 and departed in 2005.
Hulk Hogan ranked least-influential:
Wrestling legend Hulk Hogan was ranked 24th out of the 25 Least Influential People of 2012 by GQ Magazine.
The paragraph on the TNA GM reads:
“When I was a kid, I wanted to be just like Hulk Hogan. Funny how getting caught banging his best friend’s wife on tape and then finding out that his best friend was allegedly the one taping it has now diminished my admiration. Kudos to Hulk for having a big ol’ dick, though. That thing is thicker than a turnbuckle.”
Hulk was listed next to Fox News commentator Tucker Carlson 25, and PBS journalist Jim Lehrer 24.
Number 1 was Mitt Romney.
BEST OF MAXIM
PWInsider reports that TNA has quietly re-signed Velvet Sky. This is why she has seemingly disappeared from the indies. No word yet on when she will return but it will likely be in early 2013.
This is something that Dixie Carter wanted done herself.
FOLLOW US on TWITTER at Twitter.com/WrestleChatNet and LIKE US on FACEBOOK using key word "WrestleChat".
Partial Source: Pwinsider
– Kenny King mentioned on Twitter late Wednesday night that he was heading to Orlando, Florida—site of tonight’s live iMPACT! Wrestling event. It remains to be seen whether he competes on the show, or like two weeks ago, wrestle in a match for international show TNA Xplosion.
King has not appeared on United States television since losing an X Division...
According to sources, TNA Wrestling has quietly re-signed Velvet Sky. Company president Dixie Carter had been trying in recent months to finalize her return after leaving the promotion in the summer.
The former TNA Women’s Knockout Champion is expected to return early next year.
- Tonight’s episode of TNA Impact Wrestling will feature Rob Van Dam defending his X-Division Title, Mickie James vs. Gail Kim, Wes Brisco’s Gutcheck update and more. TNA will also reveal the location for Lockdown 2013 on tonight’s show.
- Former ROH star Kenny King is teasing that he will be appearing on tonight’s Impact.
- PWInsider reports that TNA has quietly re-signed...
- Tonight’s episode of TNA Impact Wrestling will feature Rob Van Dam defending his X-Division Title, Mickie James vs. Gail Kim, Wes Brisco’s Gutcheck update and more. TNA will also reveal the location for Lockdown 2013 on tonight’s show.- Former ROH star Kenny King is teasing that he will be appearing on tonight’s Impact.- PWInsider reports that TNA has quietly re-signed...
- Tonight's episode of TNA Impact Wrestling will feature Rob Van Dam defending his X-Division Title, Mickie James vs. Gail Kim, Wes Brisco's Gutcheck update and more. TNA will also reveal the location for Lockdown 2013 on tonight's show.
- Former ROH star Kenny King is teasing that he will be appearing on tonight's Impact.
- PWInsider reports that TNA has quietly...