The Celtics are on fire right now. With three consecutive wins over three good teams, the C's are flying high at 5-3. They beat the Jazz yesterday, and are now in the second game of a rare two-games-in-two-days stretch. Tonight, they will head to Brooklyn to play their first game at the Nets' new arena, the Barclays Center. With that in mind, here are five things that the Celtics must do to win tonight.
5. KEEP DOING WHAT THEY'VE BEEN DOING:The Celtics started off being not fun to watch. Last Saturday, I was thinking that they would have no chance of beating the Bucks. But they did. Then they went to Chicago, and beat the Bulls in a game where they never trailed. Yesterday, they beat the Jazz at the Garden to get to 5-3. If they can do as much tonight as they did yesterday, then they will have twice as many wins as losses by the time we go to bed.
4. KEEP BARBOSA HOT:Leandro Barbosa had 16 points last night to tie his season high. I've been saying all year that the Celtics need to take advantage of having such a good back-up point guard. He can shoot. Just give him shots.
3. HAVE RONDO DOMINATE:Rajon Rondo can easily pick apart this Brooklyn defense. If he gets a triple-double, I guarantee you that they will win.
2. MORE WILCOX:Chris Wilcox deserves more minutes. He probably leads this team in effort, and is a solid big man. Rondo needs to feed him the ball so he can get some easy points. He knows how to use his size.
1. OUTSCORE THE NETS:You can say that they need to use all these strategies, but the main goal of the game is to outscore your opponent. I don't care whether they win 1-0 or 150-20. All I care about is that they win the game.
Tip-off is at 8:00 pm ET. As always, you can see coverage here at Celtics Green, and at my blog, Panktics(see Celtics blogs list). Enjoy the game.