Found November 20, 2012 on
Run the Floor:
1. After a wildly inefficient freshman season at Wake Forest which ended with a DWI, J.T. Terrell spent a season getting his act together at Peninsula Junior College and then transferred to USC. He's leading his new team in scoring, but once again is doing it solely through volume. Terrell is 7-19 on 2s (36.8%) and 5-20 on 3s (25%). Against Illinois he began the game with a turnover, and then missed the Illini's first two shots.
2. USC only managed 5 offensive boards off of 29 missed shots (17% offensive rebound %). For the season they are 240th in offensive rebounding, averaging 29% a game.
3. Illinois star Brandon Paul is another player who has struggled with efficiency in his career. But that hasn't been a problem this season, and he's off to a great start averaging over 21 points a game. He's converted on 54% of his 2s and 48% of his 3s. In their rout of the Trojans he led all scorers with 26, making 6-9 3s.
4. Illinois turned the ball over 20 times, which left them with 54 possessions. In those possessions they scored 96 points, or 1.78 per possession. John Groce's teams at Ohio did a good job with ball security, as Illinois has this season. So we'll assume this is a one-game anomaly.
5. Illinois scored 57 points in the first half, and at one point led by 34. It was the most points they've scored in a half since November 27, 2004 (58 vs Gonzaga). That season the Illini, in Bill Self's final year, began 29-0 and advanced to the National Title game.
BEST OF MAXIM
THAT'S A KILLER
USC will have its hands full against No. 1-ranked Notre Dame this weekend, as Matt Barkley has been ruled out with a shoulder injury.
USC's Dewayne Dedmon was once considered an intriguing NBA prospect due to his size and athletic ability.
Not much about Matt Barkley's senior season at Southern California has gone according to plan.
The quarterback certainly never expected he would walk down the Coliseum tunnel for his final home game with his right arm in a sling.
But Barkley isn't sorry he returned to USC, and he thinks more college players should take the same chance.
Barkley is still upbeat amid the...
Odds are the mood was slightly less jovial than this after the game ended. UCLA took care of business against the Trojans with a convincing 38-28 victory, their first win against USC since 2006. More newsworthy is the fact that the Girls Of The Pac-12 post has been led by beer bonging USC chicks for two consecutive weeks!
We have to admit we like what we’re seeing out of USC chicks...
Max Wittek and Matt Barkley huddled briefly Tuesday after practice, the USC quarterbacks sharing a laugh and perhaps strategy before facing a phalanx of reporters and camera operators in separate interviews.
Wittek wore a grin on his bearded face, Barkley a black sling on his injured right arm.
For Wittek, a redshirt freshman who will start in place of Barkley on Saturday against...
With USC Trojan Matt Barkley shelved after suffering a sprained AC joint in his right shoulder last weekend against UCLA, the senior quarterback’s NFL Draft stock continues to rapidly plummet. The 6-foot-2, 230 pound Barkley, who was once projected to … Continue reading →
Quarterback Matt Barkley will miss Southern California's regular-season finale against No. 1 Notre Dame on Saturday with a sprained shoulder.
Coach Lane Kiffin announced Sunday that Max Wittek will make his first career start in place of Barkley.
Barkley was injured in the final minutes of the Trojans' 38-28 loss to UCLA when he was sacked by Anthony Barr. Barkley stayed...
USC Coach Lane Kiffin speaks with the media following Tuesday's practice as USC prepares for its regular season finale hosting top-ranked and undefeated Notre Dame.
Earlier this week, Lane Kiffin announced that Matt Barkley would not play in Saturday's game against Notre Dame. With Barkley out, the Trojans' upset hopes now rest on the arm of redshirt freshman Max Wittek. Wittek only has nine pass attempts for the season and has taken limited snaps in his young career.
With a redshirt freshman at the helm and the Irish likely to play...
The USC Trojans started the season ranked in the top 3 in both the Associated Press and Coaches polls, but after 4 disappointing losses have dropped out of the top 25 completely.
This has a lot of USC fans calling for Trojan coach Lane Kiffin to be fired. Kiffin has lost some big games this year by very small margins.
L – Stanford 21 – 14
L – Arizona 39 -36
L – Oregon 62...
USC Coach Lane Kiffin talks with the media following Wednesday's practice as the Trojans continue to prepare for No. 1 Notre Dame.
USC senior quarterback Matt Barkley won't be taking the field on Saturday for senior day when the Trojans host top-ranked and undefeated Notre Dame.
So much for a Oregon-USC rematch in the Pac-12 title game. UCLA not only knocked Matt Barkley out of the game, the Bruins knocked the Trojans out...