Arkansas athetic director Jeff Long wrote out notes detailing Bobby Petrino's affair with Jessica Dorrell. During the investigation, Long wrote to Petrino claiming that, "I am still looking for ways you (Petrino) can remain our coach". In the days between the release of the motorcycle accident and Petrino being fired by the university, Long met with both Petrino, Jessica Dorrell, and Dorrell's former fiance Josh Morgan to get to the bottom of what happen during the year long affair Petrino had with Dorrell.
Sources are claiming that Long didn't believe Petrino's claim that the affiar with Dorrell had ended back in February. Long also asked Petrino why would he get on a motorcycle with the young woman (Dorrell), as Petrino replied, "always told her I would take her for a ride on the bike".
Long wrote down -- during the interview -- all the violations Petrino committed against his contract with the university.
- Fail(ed) to disclose to me that you had a previous or on-going relationship with Jessica prior to hiring her. (University conflict of interest issue.)
- You attempt to cover up her presence on motorcycle and your relationship (from) me and the public.
- You failed to disclose you gave Jessica $15,000
- Those actions brought about negative attention to program, department and university.
- This conduct that is clearly contrary to the character and responsibility of your position.
Below is the actual handwritten notes taken by Jeff Long during the investigation.