This morning’s top five stories from around the web:
1. Shaka Smart is staying put at VCU.
2. Duke assistant Chris Collins will take over the head coaching job at Northwestern.
3. A Syracuse walk-on ate four bananas in one minute.
4. USC QB Matt Barkley had a great pro-day.
5. One UK fan sang a Blake Shelton song… in an attempt to land star recruit Andrew Wiggins.
We’re introducing a new feature here at CS – a daily sports crossword puzzle. Directions below.
1. Click the numbers, not the spaces, to fill in the words.
2. Tweet a screenshot @CollegeSpun of your completed puzzle! We’ll tweet out the winner.
Please upgrade your browser
1. One who purrs
4. Take a small drink
2. One from a colony
7. Yankee 2B
4. Info/numbers from a game
9. Hoyas star, Orange mascot
5. 1-seed in the East
10. “See ya”, compadre
6. Michael Wilbon program
13. Irish and hoodwinked
7. Welsh canine
15. Clippers town