This morning’s top five stories from around the web:
1. Shaka Smart is staying put at VCU.
2. Duke assistant Chris Collins will take over the head coaching job at Northwestern.
3. A Syracuse walk-on ate four bananas in one minute.
4. USC QB Matt Barkley had a great pro-day.
5. One UK fan sang a Blake Shelton song… in an attempt to land star recruit Andrew Wiggins.
We’re introducing a new feature here at CS – a daily sports crossword puzzle. Directions below.
1. Click the numbers, not the spaces, to fill in the words.
2. Tweet a screenshot @CollegeSpun of your completed puzzle! We’ll tweet out the winner.
Please upgrade your browser
1. One who purrs
4. Take a small drink
2. One from a colony
7. Yankee 2B
4. Info/numbers from a game
9. Hoyas star, Orange mascot
5. 1-seed in the East
10. “See ya”, compadre
6. Michael Wilbon program
13. Irish and hoodwinked
7. Welsh canine
15. Clippers town
11. Not like a Spring chicken
16. Saying about the fifth day of the week
19. 2012 storm
14. Much __ about nothing
20. Solider Field site
22. Ducks state abbreviation
17. Action on a pitcher’s shoulder after a game
23. File that gets something done
18. Electronic message, on paper
24. Partners up
20. Colorado Rockies field
21. Apparel you wear to support your team
30. American Eagle abbreviation
25. The type of day you stay in and watch a movie
31. Score on a hit
26. Sight, hearing, smell, etc. (singular)
32. Columbus soccer team
28. Panthers from Penn.?
29. The sound of a perfect shot
37. Top Canadian bball recruit
33. Female sheep
38. “The great equalizer”, in basketball
34. Transferring from Notre Dame
36. Electrical resistance measurement (plural)
41. Ole Miss star, or Mathers
39. Runs given up per 9 innings