Found January 16, 2013 on
Five Tool Tool:
If only she, um, ever existed
Golf clap, Deadspin...
10) This is an absolutely legendary way to blow your first round draft pick status
9) In other news, 20 different public figures quietly admitted to reprehensible crimes while your attention was here
8) Notre Dame is very prone to biting on play action
7) Te'o would have been much better off to just admit that he's gay, especially from an endorsement standpoint
6) Oprah Winfrey's cultural relevance really didn't last that long after all
5) If this doesn't lead every late night monologue tonight, I'm totally going on a fake girlfriend killing rampage
4) We clearly need to put the girl's face on the $1 trillion dollar coin, out of respect
3) Te'o's career to agree to an autopsy to see if repetitive head trauma caused it to become such a bizarre, over the top liar
2) This development makes the purchase of merchandise honoring Notre Dame's perfect regular season even more valid for the ...
BEST OF MAXIM
Following the bombshell investigative report from Deadspin on the hoax of a story that was the tragic death of Manti Te’o's girlfriend, we have our first story about a Notre Dame teammate calling Te’o a liar. According to Pepper on Sports, an anonymous teammate of Te’o's has come forward to say that the several members of the team didn’t think everything was kosher...
Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o came out and issued a statement regarding the report by Deadspin that he lied about having a girlfriend that died from leukemia. “This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating...
"Wait? A hoax? At Notre Dame, the home of George “Mostly Fiction” Gipp?"
So basically everyone should know by now that Manti Te'o is lying through his teeth to protect his draft stock right???? Well, at least that's my opinion, which will hopefully be fact soon. Here is the article via the south bend tribune that says Te'o met his girlfriend after their game against Stanford. She was claimed to be a student there.
The Florence Freedom announced plans to hold a "Manti Te'o Girlfriend Bobblehead Night" and the giveaway and other planned festivities are truly unique.
EAST LANSING, Mich. -- I really wanted to cast my first-place Heisman Trophy vote this season for Notre Dame linebacker Manti Teo.
I closely followed Teo after watching him shut down Michigan State, 20-3, in a game that earned both the Fighting Irish and Teo national acclaim that September night.
Despite the drubbing he put on Michigan State, the fans in Spartan Stadium showered...
We've seen our share of silly minor league promotions, but this one might take the cake. The independent Florence Freedom will be having a "Manti Te'o Girlfriend Bobblehead Day" during a game in late-May, making light of the ridiculous scandal in recent days involving Notre Dame's star linebacker.
With the promotion, the first 1,000 fans entering the stadium...
South Bend, IN (Sports Network) - The Notre Dame athletic department has issued a statement responding to a internet report that is claiming details of star linebacker Manti Te'o's personal life have been fabricated.The discrepancy involves Te'o's former girlfriend Lennay Marie Kekua, whose widely reported death from leukemia in September helped make the Heisman Trophy...
I've been trying to wrap my mind around this Manti Te'o mystery for 16 hours since the report by Tim Burke and Jack Dickey was published on Deadspin. Incredibly, that single story has almost 3 million hits in less than a day. It has captured the sports world like no story I can ever remember. It's made Lance Armstrong's groundbreaking interview with Oprah airing...
Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o had a fake girlfriend. The story by Deadspin published on Wednesday first asserted that, and Notre Dame confirmed it in a press conference later in the day.
At this point we know that Te’o lied in some capacity about the story. He either:
a) Was part of the hoax and lied for some twisted reason (Deadspin reports his motivation was to gain publicity...