In a post for MLB.com, team beat reporter Anthony DiComo raises and answers 10 questions facing the Mets as we begin 2012:
1. Are the Mets truly in rebuilding mode?
2. How will the Bernard Madoff situation affect the Mets?
3. Will Johan Santana be an effective pitcher again?
4. Could the Mets really trade away Wright?
5. Will the Mets remain intact as currently constructed?
6. Are Matt Harvey, Zack Wheeler and Jeurys Familia on the fast track?
7. How will Ike Davis bounce back from injury?
8. Can Ruben Tejada effectively replace Reyes?
9. Will the new fences make a difference?
10. Can Daniel Murphy play adequately at second base?
To read DiComo’s answers to all 10 questions, go to his post MLB.com.
Matthew Cerrone: DiComo does a good job answering these questions, so be sure to check them out. Here are my quick responses, which I will put significantly more thought in to for posts I will run later this week: 1) Yes; 2) It certainly won’t help; 3) Yes, but he won’t win a Cy Young a...