Found February 23, 2012 on
Pro Sports Daily:
Los Angeles Dodgers reliever Ronald Belisario declared that he was prevented from entering the United States last year because he tested positive for cocaine.
Belisario, who was suspended 25 games by Major League Baseball, made the statement on Wednesday. The 29-year-old Venezuelan claimed that he ingested the drug on one occasion.
"I don't have a problem with any drugs, I'm good," Belisario told the Los Angeles Times. "It was a one-time thing."
The righthander, who will serve the suspension to start the 2012 season, posted a 3-1 mark with a 5.04 ERA in 2010.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Los Angeles Dodgers reliever Ronald Belisario says a positive test for cocaine was the reason he remained in Venezuela and didn't play in the majors last season.
Belisario said Wednesday that he only tried cocaine once, but doesn't remember when he used it or tested positive.
The Venezuelan right-hander also said he entered a drug rehabilitation program in 2010, though...
Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times reports that Peter O’Malley has been eliminated from the Los Angeles Dodgers ownership bidding. Peter O’Malley has withdrawn his bid to buy the Dodgers, two people familiar with the sale process said Tuesday. The decision means the O’Malley family will not reclaim the stewardship of the team it
Los Angeles Dodgers relief pitcher Ronald Belasario hasn't pitched in the Majors since 2010. He missed all of last season because of via issues and now the problem is revealed as a failed drug test. Belasario was busted for snorting some good ol' fashioned nose candy...yep, cocaine. He now faces a 25-game suspension to begin the 2012 season. And like many people that...
Former New York Yankees manager Joe Torre and a group attempted to purchase the Los Angeles Dodgers have withdrawn their bid.
Torre is part of a group spearheaded by Los Angeles real estate tycoon Rick Caruso.
In a letter to Major League Baseball, they cited Dodgers owner Frank McCourt's refusal to include the stadium parking lots in the sale as the reason for pulling out...
A bankruptcy judge has refused to postpone a hearing on the Los Angeles Dodgers' request to disallow a claim filed on behalf of a San Francisco Giants fan who was nearly beaten to death outside Dodger Stadium last spring.
The judge said Friday that he would proceed with a March 21 hearing on the Dodgers' request to disallow the claim filed on behalf of Bryan Stow. Stow&...
So it's Friday and as most of your workdays come to a close that means life is good. To kick this weekend off here at Dodgers Rumors, I got some links from around the web, some rumors, and an intriguing waiver claim to dive into.
Kenny Shulsen takes a look into his crystal ball as he examines the what lies ahead for the Dodgers in 2012. Love this guy and the whole crew over...
Matt Kemp is glad Ryan Braun won his appeal for a positive drug test Thursday and won't serve a 50-game suspension.
Clayton Kershaw's delayed bullpen session went off without a twinge on Friday.
Substitute outfielder no longer needs to be a substitute teacher.Reporting from Phoenix — Jerry Sands was awakened at 4:30 a.m. on Thursday by a phone call.
Matt Kemp said he was pleased to hear Ryan Braun was successful in appealing his positive drug test from last year.
On Tuesday, for the first time in his four Spring Trainings with the Dodgers, Ronald Belisario reported to camp on time.
Joe Torre's group has dropped out of bidding for the bankrupt Los Angeles Dodgers because current owner Frank McCourt won't include the parking lots outside the stadium.
Joe Torre and real estate developer Rick Caruso have withdrawn their joint bid to purchase the Los Angeles Dodgers, The Los Angeles Times reported Thursday.