Joel Sherman of the New York Post, put together a list of five things he says have improved for the Mets since last season.
1. The Madoff mess is behind ownership: This might not please fans who wanted the Wilpons out, but they were not selling. Thus, the sooner they could begin trying to fix the finances, the better for the organization.
2. The growth of the farm: Zack Wheeler wasn’t even a Met at this time last year. Now Wheeler, Matt Harvey, Jeurys Familia and a healthy Jenrry Mejia are pushing toward the major league staff.
3. Johan Santana is healthy: The whole organization looks and feels better when he is pitching and pitching well.
4. David Wright is a star again: His 0-for-14 is a current blight. But in the aftermath of Jose Reyes’ departure, the Mets needed Wright to be the homegrown beacon again.
5. The steadiness of the Sandy Alderson regime: Yes, Omar Minaya is getting emeritus points as prospects he brought to the organization such as Kirk Nieuwenhuis and Dillon Gee h...