Posted January 25, 2013 on
Two sources from Venezuela report ex-Cubs, Pirates and Mets infielder Ronny Cedeno is joining the Cardinals.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
With the addition of starting pitcher Shaun Marcum, who the Mets signed to a major league deal on Friday, it means a probable return trip to Triple-A for one of Jenrry Mejia, Jeurys Familia or Jeremy Hefner.
My projected 2013 Mets Roster now takes shape as follows.
C : John Buck
1B: Ike Davis
2B: Daniel Murphy
SS: Ruben Tejada
3B: David Wright
OF: Lucas Duda
OF: Kirk Nieuwenhuis...
Photo by Michael BaronIt's being reported that the Mets have signed Shaun Marcum to a one year, not only did this come out of nowhere but with all the Bourne discussion it's barely been noticed. It was reported earlier this off-season that the Mets were interested in Marcum but never was it characterized that they were front runners or even close. With Marcum the Mets now...
Newsday’s Marc Carig reports that Roy Oswalt‘s agent is not aware of any interest from the Mets in his client:
If the Mets indeed are interested in signing veteran pitcher Roy Oswalt, it’s news to his longtime agent, Bob Garber.
“Not sure where the report came from,” Garber said in a text message. “I’m not aware of any interest from the Mets.”
I have a suspicious...
Newsday’s Marc Carig tweets that Roy Oswalt’s agent is not aware of any interest from the Mets in his client:
Roy Oswalt’s agent, Bob Garber: “I’m not aware of any interest” from the Mets.
I have a suspicious feeling that most Met fans will be relieved to hear this.
Original Post 2:20 PM
The Mets have shown interest in free-agent right-hander Roy Oswalt, and the door...
Well, the Mets being a “good” team is only part of the problem. For an explanation of why the Mets will probably need to surrender their 2013 first-round draft pick if they do, in fact, agree to a contract with Michael Bourn, Ken Rosenthal is the man to turn to (H/T: MetsBlog).
The Mets hold the 11th pick in the draft. But under the new collective-bargaining agreement, only the...
And you thought help wasn't on the way. You thought the Mets didn't have a trick up their sleeve. Au contraire mon frere. The Mets are after an outfielder. A big name outfielder as well.
Well he is a big name. And as you can see from the video evidence I have presented you, he has played some outfield. Listen, Roy Oswalt has only seven less career outfield appearances...
Adam Rubin spoke to Terry Collins who told him he plans to look at both Justin Turner and Zach Lutz in the outfield this Spring.
Turner has not played a game in the outfield in his Major League career and Lutz has never played a game in the outfield in his minor league career.
Sounds good to me… I’m very optimistic…
Updated 5:00 PM
Adam Rubin, who knows a heck...
Yesterday the New York Mets agreed to a 1-year contract with former Brewers pitcher Shaun Marcum, pending a physical. Today the 31-year-old righty passed his physical and the 1-year/$4 million contract was made official. According to Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports, incentives could drive that price tag up to $6 million in 2013.
The Mets sign Shaun Marcum, the Cubs add Scott Hairston, and the Rays bolster their bullpen.
Richard Justice of MLB.com is reporting that the Mets will have little to no interest in signing Michael Bourn to a contract if they are unable to protect their first round pick. Here are some of his comments.
The New York Mets have no interest in signing free-agent outfielder Michael Bourn if it means surrendering their top 2013 Draft pick, the 11th overall. If you’re wondering...
The rumors of the New York Mets interest in free agent Michael Bourn have been escalating in recent days, some going as far as to say the team would seriously consider a backloaded deal if it wouldn’t cost them their first round pick in 2013. As I wrote the other day, I just don’t buy it. We are talking about a 30-year-old free agent outfielder that makes his living with...