Found July 09, 2013 on
The Ameristar Casino Hotel will once again play host to the worlds leading all-female mixed martial arts promotion this Saturday night in Kansas City, Missouri.
The main event features a rematch between the top female featherweight in the world today, Cristiane 'Cyborg' Justino, and former Strikeforce champion Marloes Coenen. Cyborg was able to finish Coenen in their first meeting back in 2010 via TKO, but to Coenen's credit she did last 13 minutes and 40 seconds in the same cage with the most devastating female striker we've ever seen. That's longer than anyone Cyborg's faced since 2005. The winner of this contest will be crowned as Invicta's first featherweight champion.
In the co-main main event of the evening, a couple of undefeated strawweight's will look to remain perfect when Brazil's Claudia Gadelha takes on Jewels champion Ayaka Hamasaki. These two will enter the Invicta cage with perfect 9-0 records and the potential opportunity to take on Carla Esparza for the 115 strap when she heals up. Gadelha, a BJJ black belt who trains out of Nova Uniao with current UFC champions like Renan Barao and Jose Aldo, is a threat in every fight with her very active submission game. Hamasaki is no slouch on the ground either. The Megumi Fujii trained fighter is a highly skilled judo player who won a submission grappling tourney back at Jewels 10th Ring in October of 2010.
Beyond that there are so many Invicta mainstays featured in highly competitive match ups that make this $14.95 pay-per-view the best bargain in MMA. There's really no excuse to miss this one folks. In addition to the online ppv option over at Invictafc.com you can order it from your cable or satellite provider. DISH, iN Demand, Avail-TVN are all on board in the States while Bell TV in Canada is also in play.
Check out the finalized 6th offering from Invicta FC in full below.
Main Card (PPV)
• Inaugural Featherweight Title Bout: Marloes Coenen (21-5) vs. Cristiane 'Cyborg' Justino (11-1)
• Strawweight Bout: Claudia Gadelha (9-0) vs. Ayaka Hamasaki (9-0)
• Bantamweight Bout: Sarah D'Alelio (7-3) vs. Lauren Taylor (6-0)
• Flyweight Title Eliminator: Leslie Smith (5-3-1) vs. Jennifer Maia (7-2-1)
• Atomweight Bout: Jessica Penne (10-2) vs. Nicdali Rivera-Calanoc (8-6)
• Strawweight Bout: Joanne Calderwood (6-0) vs. Norma Rueda Center (2-0)
• Featherweight Bout: Ediane Gomes (10-2) vs. Charmaine Tweet (4-3)
• Strawweight Bout: Bec Hyatt (5-2) vs. Mizuki Inoue (5-1)
• Bantamweight Bout: Miriam Nakamoto (1-0) vs. Duda Yankovich (1-1)
Preliminary Card (InvictaFC.com)
• Strawweight Bout: Rose Namajunas (2-0) vs. Tecia Torres (2-0)
• Strawweight Bout: Ashley Cummins (3-1) vs. Emily Kagan (2-1)
• Featherweight Bout: Mollie Estes (1-2) vs. Veronica Rothenhausler (1-0)
• Atomweight Bout: Livia Von Plettenberg (1-1) vs. Cassie Robb (0-1)
BEST OF MAXIM
MMAprime.tv recently took in a sparring session of Cris Cyborg’s as she prepares for a title fight on July 13th, 2013 at Invicta FC 6 against fellow WMMA legend Marloes Coenen. This will be a rematch from 3 years ago, where Cyborg won via TKO during a 145lbs title fight in the now defunct StrikeForce [...]
Invicta Fighting Championships has released a preview video for the highly anticipated featherweight rematch between Marloes Connnen and Cris ‘Cyborg’ Santos, which takes place Saturday night on PPV.
Watch the preview below:
The Invicta FC 6 lineup includes:
Main Card (Pay-per-view/Ustream, 9 pm EST)
Marloes Coenen vs. Cristiane Santos – for inaugural featherweight title...
HOBOKEN, N.J. (July 8, 2013) – The first all-women’s mixed-martial-arts event on pay per view, headlined by the mega-showdown between Brazilian KO artist Cris Cyborg (11-1) and Dutch submission specialist Marloes Coenen (21-5), is on tap this Saturday night (July 13) as Invicta Fighting Championships 6 airs live from Ameristar Casino Hotel in Kansas City, Missouri.
(Photo by Dave Mandel/Sherdog)
I want to make something clear before I start. This article is not meant to undermine Ronda Rousey, Miesha Tate, Marloes Coenen or any of the other female fighters who work admirably to promote themselves and women’s mixed martial arts. What I am saying, is that Rose Namajunas may be the best thing for the continued promotion of WMMA, especially when...