The Ameristar Casino Hotel will once again play host to the worlds leading all-female mixed martial arts promotion this Saturday night in Kansas City, Missouri.
The main event features a rematch between the top female featherweight in the world today, Cristiane 'Cyborg' Justino, and former Strikeforce champion Marloes Coenen. Cyborg was able to finish Coenen in their first meeting back in 2010 via TKO, but to Coenen's credit she did last 13 minutes and 40 seconds in the same cage with the most devastating female striker we've ever seen. That's longer than anyone Cyborg's faced since 2005. The winner of this contest will be crowned as Invicta's first featherweight champion.
In the co-main main event of the evening, a couple of undefeated strawweight's will look to remain perfect when Brazil's Claudia Gadelha takes on Jewels champion Ayaka Hamasaki. These two will enter the Invicta cage with perfect 9-0 records and the potential opportunity to take on Carla Esparza for the 115 strap when she heals up. Gadelha, a BJJ black belt who trains out of Nova Uniao with current UFC champions like Renan Barao and Jose Aldo, is a threat in every fight with her very active submission game. Hamasaki is no slouch on the ground either. The Megumi Fujii trained fighter is a highly skilled judo player who won a submission grappling tourney back at Jewels 10th Ring in October of 2010.
Beyond that there are so many Invicta mainstays featured in highly competitive match ups that make this $14.95 pay-per-view the best bargain in MMA. There's really no excuse to miss this one folks. In addition to the online ppv option over at Invictafc.com you can order it from your cable or satellite provider. DISH, iN Demand, Avail-TVN are all on board in the States while Bell TV in Canada is also in play.
Check out the finalized 6th offering from Invicta FC in full below.
Main Card (PPV)
• Inaugural Featherweight Title Bout: Marloes Coenen (21-5) vs. Cristiane 'Cyborg' Justino (11-1)
• Strawweight Bout: Claudia Gadelha (9-0) vs. Ayaka Hamasaki (9-0)
• Bantamweight Bout: Sarah D'Alelio (7-3) vs. Lauren Taylor (6-0)
• Flyweight Title Eliminator: Leslie Smith (5-3-1) vs. Jennifer Maia (7-2-1)
• Atomweight Bout: Jessica Penne (10-2) vs. Nicdali Rivera-Calanoc (8-6)
• Strawweight Bout: Joanne Calderwood (6-0) vs. Norma Rueda Center (2-0)
• Featherweight Bout: Ediane Gomes (10-2) vs. Charmaine Tweet (4-3)
• Strawweight Bout: Bec Hyatt (5-2) vs. Mizuki Inoue (5-1)
• Bantamweight Bout: Miriam Nakamoto (1-0) vs. Duda Yankovich (1-1)
Preliminary Card (InvictaFC.com)
• Strawweight Bout: Rose Namajunas (2-0) vs. Tecia Torres (2-0)
• Strawweight Bout: Ashley Cummins (3-1) vs. Emily Kagan (2-1)
• Featherweight Bout: Mollie Estes (1-2) vs. Veronica Rothenhausler (1-0)
• Atomweight Bout: Livia Von Plettenberg (1-1) vs. Cassie Robb (0-1)