Found January 06, 2013 on
Invicta's 4th event is officially in the bag and the full results are in. We've listed the final outcome of each fight below for your convience. Check back with us tomorrow for posts a' plenty on tonights event, the aftermath, and what's next for Invicta after what was another great showing.
• Strawweight Title Bout: Carla Esparza (9-2) defeats Bec Hyatt (4-2) via UD (50-45 x 3) to become the first Strawweight Champion in Invicta FC history
• Bantamweight: Alexis Davis (13-5) defeats Shayna Baszler (15-8-1) via RNC (Round 3, 0:58)
• Bantamweight Bout: Leslie Smith (5-2-1) defeats Raquel Pennington (3-3) via UD (29-28 x 3)
• Bantamweight Bout: Sarah D' Alelio (7-3) defeats Amanda Nunes (7-3) via UD (30-26 x 3)
Nunes was deducted a point due to a blatant illegal upkick to a downed D'Alelio
• Featherweight Bout: Ediane Gomes (10-2) defeats Hiroko Yamanaka (12-3) via UD (29-28, 30-27)
• Strawweight Bout: Joanne Calderwood (5-0) defeats Livia Von Plettenberg (1-1) via UD (30-27, 30-26)
• Atomweight Bout: Cassie Rodish (4-3) defeats Stephanie Frausto (4-5) via TKO (strikes) Round 3, 1:04
• Feathweight Bout: Tamikka Brents (2-0) defeats Amanda Bell (0-1) via UD (29-28 x 3)
Atomweight Bout: Jodie Esquibel (3-0) defeats Liz McCarthy (1-1) via Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)
• Strawweight Bout: Rose Namajunas (1-0) defeats Emily Kagan (2-1) via RNC (Round 3, 3:44)
• Strawweight Bout: Tecia Torres (2-0) defeats Paige VanZant (2-1) via UD (30-27 x 3)
• Featherweight Bout: Veronica Rothenhausler (1-0) defeats Katalina Malungahu (2-2) via KO (punch) Round 1, 1:12
• Atomweight Bout: Laura Marcusse-Sanko (1-0) defeats Cassie Robb (0-1) via RNC (Round 2, 1:07)
BEST OF MAXIM
It was another great night of Team Cesar Gracie. Leslie "The Peacemaker" Smith had just defeated Raquel Pennington in a grudge matche of sorts by putting on a trademark Diazesque performance filled with taunting and high level striking.
Next up was Alexis Davis, who would be given the opportunity to avenge the loss she suffered against Shayna Baszler back in 2010. Davis...
While the pay-per-view plans didn't exactly work out how Shannon Knapp and co. would've have liked the fact remains that Invicta's 4th offering was another great success inside of the cage. Every single fighter brought it once again, and even though the number of decisions went up and finishes went down - it wasn't for lack of trying. Take our first star for example...
Main Card Weight Class vs. Method Round Time Notes Strawweight Carla Esparza vs. Bec Hyatt Note 1 Bantamweight Shayna Baszler vs. Alexis Davis Bantamweight Leslie Smith vs. Raquel Pennington Bantamweight Amanda Nunes vs. Sarah D’Alelio Featherweight Ediane Gomes def. Hiroko Yamanaka unanimous decision 3 5:00 Strawweight Joanne Calderwood def. Livia...
Invicta Fighting Championships’s fourth event takes place Saturday evening with a thirteen fight all-female card that s headlined by a Strawweight title fight between Carla Esparza and Bec Hyatt and features several other intriguing bouts including Baszler vs. Davis, Smith vs. Pennington, D’Alelio vs, Nunes, Gomes vs. Yamanaka and many more.
Full results available below starting...
The Invicta Fighting Championships weigh-ins took place Friday evening and featured all 26 female contestants fulfilling their final contractual obligation prior to entering the cage on Saturday night. The main event of the evening is a Strawweight (115lbs) title fight between Carla Esparza and late replacement Bec Hyatt. The card also features notable fighters Alexis Davis taking...
This Saturday in Kansas City a whole lot of fighting is going down. Invicta will be streaming their fourth event live through their website just like the past three, but this time around, there's a price tag involved. If you've come across this article it's likely that you have already witnessed one, or even all three of the past Invicta cards. You don't need to...
The weigh-in for the first major MMA event of 2013 goes down at 6 PM ET today and we'll have the results right here for you at hov-mma. All 26 fighters competing on tomorrow's card will attempt to make weight inside of the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Kansas City, a setting that should be familiar by now to most of the women on Invicta's talent filled roster.
To watch the...