Found October 06, 2012 on
It was back to business as usual for arguably the most dangerous submission player at 155 pounds in the world. Shinya Aoki vs. Arnaud Lepont had been dubbed as the Main Event Super Fight of 'ONE FC 6: Rise of Kings'. The only thing that was super about it was the methodical way Aoki would finish his opponent - quick and deadly - in true Aoki fashion.
Evolve MMA's brightest star had a rough outing earlier this year in Cleveland. He came stateside to grant the wishes of Eddie Alvarez, he gave him his rematch. Eddie made a mess of Aoki that night inside of the I-X Center, so much so that his corner was forced to throw in the towel.
Fast forward to ONE FC's Singapore debut. Takedown, gain mount. Check. Go for the arm/mounted triangle choke. Check. Opponent fast asleep. Check. Referee doesn't notice so you get his attention like a gentleman. Check. It took Aoki just under a minute and a half to get the job done in this one, likely cementing himself a title shot against the newly crowned ONE FC lightweight champion.
There was plenty more action before Aoki submitted Lepont. Two inaugural title fights, three bantamweight tournament fights, a Lil' Evil, and of course there had to be at least one soccer kick finish. You can check out the full results of the ONE FC 6 after the break.
Full ONE FC 6 'Rise of Kings' results from October 6th in Kallang, Singapore
• Lightweight Bout: Shinya Aoki defeats Arnaud Lepont via triangle choke (Round 1, 1:25)
• Lightweight Title Bout: Kotetsu Boku defeats Zorobabel Moreira via TKO (punches) (Round 3, 1:02) to become the inaugural ONE FC lightweight champion
• Bantamweight Title Bout: Soo Chul Kim defeats Leandro Issa via KO (punch) (Round 2, 0:15) to become the inaugural ONE FC bantamweight champion
• Middleweight Bout: Melvin Manhoef defeats Ryo Kawamura via KO (punch) (Round 1, 4:40)
• Bantamweight Grand-Prix Round 1: Jens Pulver defeats Zhao Ya Fei via UD
• Bantamweight Grand-Prix Round 1: Masakatsu Ueda defeats Min Jung Song via UD
• Bantamweight Grand-Prix Round 1: Kevin Belingon defeats Yusup Saadulaev via TKO (punches) (Round 1, 3:18)
• Flyweight Bout: Gianni Subba defeats Bruce Loh via KO (soccer kick) (Round 1, 0:33)
• Featherweight Bout: Mitch Chilson defeats Ngabdi Mulyadi via TKO (strikes) (Round 2, 3:57)
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
“ONE FC: Rise of Kings” took place Saturday night inside Singapore Indoor Stadium.
Submission specialist Shinya Aoki made quick work of Arnaud Lepont in the show’s featured attraction. The former Dream champion called it a night after catching Lepont in a triangle choke at 1:25 in the opening stanza.
The upstart mixed martial arts promotion also crowned their first champs...
All the fighters slated to compete in Saturday’s “ONE FC: Rise of Kings” event tipped the scale today in Singapore.
A lightweight scrap between grappling ace Shinya Aoki (Pictured) and Arnaud Lepont headlines the show.
The event will be available for live streaming online starting bright and early at 8AM PT/5AM PT. However, it comes with a $9.99 price tag.