Ryan Couture will make history when he steps foot into the Octagon in Sweden this April
We already knew Swedish Mauler Alexander Gustafsson would welcome Gegard "The Dreamcatcher" Mousasi into the Octagon on the night of April 6th. We also learned that Swede's Papy Abedi and Akira Corassani will take on Beasam Yousef and Robbie Peralta - in separate bouts of course.
So who else will do battle in the land of the midnight sun come April 6th live and free on Fuel TV? We share the rest of this weeks UFC on Fuel TV 9 fight announcements with you below:
• A veteran of 7 Strikeforce fights, Ryan Couture will make history in Sweden when he takes on Ross "The Real Deal" Pearson in a Lightweight bout. Ryan and his father Randy will become the first father and son duo to have competed inside of the Octagon.
• Two top Bantamweights coming off a loss will clash when Brad "One Punch" Pickett and Mike "The Hulk" Easton throw down in what will likely be a main card battle. The winner of this one would get right back into the mix at 135 while the loser would likely be relegated to Facebook prelim hell to get back on track.
• Cage Warriors vet Conor McGregor will make his UFC debut in a Featherweight tussle against "The Bama Beast" Marcus Brimage who most recently derailed the hype train known as Jimmy "The Kid" Hettes in Toronto this past September.
• After doing a two-year stint in Strikeforce, Adlan "The Wolf" Amagov and Chris "The Kiss" Spang will be taking their talents to the UFC. Spang will be the hometown favorite in this one, fighting in his native country for this first time since his UFC debut back in 2008.
• Swedish-Iranian "Mad Dog" Reza Madadi will look to get back on track after dropping a split decision loss to Cristiano Marcello last October. He'll be taking on TUF 12 finalist Michael "The Menace" Johnson in a lightweight quarrel.
• Everyone's favorite "Meathead" since Mike Stivic will look to end a two-fight skid when he fights outside of North America for the very first time. Matt Mitrione will take on Sunderland, England's own Phil De Fries in the lone Heavyweight battle currently scheduled for this card. With 8 of his 9 career wins coming by way of submission, De Fries recently got Duffee'd at UFC 155, dropping to 2-3 during his UFC stint.
• After his impressive KO victory over Manuel Rodriguez, 'TUF:Smashes' quarterfinalist Ben 'Benny Blanco" Alloway take on undefeated ROC vet Ryan LaFlare. LaFlare was supposed to take on Josh Burkman in Atlantic City next month under the World Series of Fighting banner, but instead will make his UFC debut against Alloway when the promotion makes its second seemingly now annual trip to Sweden. Michael Kuiper will be given the opportunity to delete fan favorite Tom Lawlor from the UFC roster
• Dutch finisher Micheal Kuiper will look to show off his judo chops inside of the cage while "Filthy" Tom Lawlor will look to show off his pre-fight weigh in antics and costumes outside of the cage. Having dropped 4 of his last 6 fights, it may be Lawlor's entertaining pre-fight shenanigans that have kept him on the UFC roster, for now. Continue to keep it locked here for more 'UFC on Fuel TV: Gustafsson vs. Mousasi' fight announcements, changes, and full coverage leading up to, during, and beyond this event.