Photo from BleacherReport.com
UFC 167 last month was highlighted by now former UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St-Pierre defeating Johny Hendricks by a controversial split decision. After the fight, St-Pierre had hinted he may leave the UFC and confirmed that on a conference call Friday in vacating the title and taking an indefinite leave of absence.
Dave Meltzer of MMAFighting...
If I told you a handful of months ago that Nick Diaz would be starting his own mixed martial arts promotion you'd likely call me a name I've been called before. Nevertheless, Nick Diaz has his own promotion and they have put together a nice little debut fight card that you can check out either live, or after it's all said and done below. The now retired former Strikeforce...
While most of the focus of the combat sports world will be in New York; specifically Brooklyn where Malignaggi takes on Broner for the WBA Welterweight title, and the City itself with Glory 9 - you still cannot sleep on Stockton, CA tonight.
Nick Diaz Promotions 'War MMA 1' will be taking over the Stockton Arena in the 209 tonight and if you're interested you can view...
Georges St-Pierre beat Nick Diaz at UFC 158, leaving Diaz talking about retirement. Is he being serious or just talking like a defeated man?
UFC welterweight fighter Nick Diaz is warming up for George St-Pierre with this 23 minute long speed bag punching session.
Georges St-Pierre and Nick Diaz had an intense media call leading up to their UFC 158 fight. Read about what was said on the call.
"Georges St Pierre came back from vacation and the fight that he said [he wants] ...I have unfinished business with Nick Diaz that's the fight that I want." - UFC President Dana White
What Georges wants, Georges will get. Fans will debate that Johny Hendricks is the true #1 contender for St. Pierre's strap. I can't say that I disagree. St. Pierre vs. Diaz,...
photo via Esther Lin for Strikeforce One of the many stories buzzing around the mma world this week was that Nick Diaz had an announcement to make. That announcement would be made on graciefighter and would be made this evening at 4 p.m. Diaz/PT time, 7 p.m ET. Well that time has passed, and the announcement has been made. If you're a fight fan, then it's a good one. Join...
Nick Diaz is not going down easy. The former Strikeforce welterweight champion has been idle since February and under suspension by the NSAC. The layoff has been long enough for Diaz and he is willing to sue his way back into the UFC octagon. Related posts:
Update – Announced Nick Diaz Vs. Carlos Condit Rematch Off
Nick Diaz Out, Carlos Condit In Vs. Georges St-Pierre At UFC...
EVER FOUGHT...ON WEED???
The Nevada State Athletic Commission reported that Diaz tested positive for marijuana metabolites following his UFC 143 fight against Carlos Condit.