Denny Hamlin remains in a holding pattern concerning whether or not he can race this weekend.
Hamlin is awaiting final word on whether or not he is cleared to compete at Richmond International Raceway this weekend and does not expect to have that until after business hours today. Dr. Jerry Petty has to give final approval on clearing Hamlin.
"There's a large team of doctors that have to have a consensus so until all of them have the images, we're still waiting on that," Hamlin said. "They should have them this morning. Hopefully, by the end of the day, everyone will have consensus, will have time to look at it and review what's the safe thing to do.
"I'm preparing (to be in the car). The team is preparing for it. Like I said last week, it's 50-50. I haven't really got a concrete answer one way or another. So I'm just kind of waiting for them to tell me what they're comfortable with."
Hamlin, 32, suffered a fractured vertebra following a vicious crash after contact with his forme...