Found March 20, 2013 on
From the Boston Globe's Gary Washburn:
Doc says he wants to keep the team continuity and the club will sign Shavlik Randolph for rest of the season #celtics
— gary washburn (@GwashNBAGlobe) March 20, 2013
I very much agree with Doc's logic here. For the most part who the 11th or 12th guy on the roster is doesn't really matter, it's highly unlikely he'll play meaningful minutes in any significant game. But the team is playing well right now and gelling as a group, so why mess with a good thing? It's not as if there are lots of better options sitting out there waiting to take Randolph's place.
Follow Mark on twitter @LucidSportsFan
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
The Celtics announced today that they have signed forward D.J. White to a multi-year contract. Details here: http://t.co/y68bIEJCUcabout 2 hours ago via webReplyRetweetFavorite@celticsBoston CelticsTerms of the deal were not announced, according to team policy, so we don’t know exactly what White signed for, but I think we can all agree that when you have the opportunity to sign...
"That's like taking away from a pitcher that...throws a no-hitter. Obviously he's not going to be able to throw a no-hitter every time, and then the next outing he goes out and gives up six runs and you say, 'Which guy is he? -Danny Ainge on Jeff Green's performance last night
Last night's 43 point scoring night by Jeff Green was one of the most unexpected...
The Celtics decided to keep Shavlik Randolph to maintain their depth frontcourt and continuity in the locker room.
D.J. White is unlikely to be the difference between whether or not the Celtics win it all this season, so the Celtics’ move to sign the fifth-year pro out of Indiana to what was termed a “multi-year” deal on Wednesday may seem like simple housekeeping. White did not step foot on the court during the Celtics’ close loss to the Heat on Monday, and he has clocked in for a total...
Jason Terry is one of the main reasons, LeBron only has only one ring and not two, so I am not surprised he took pleasure in taking Terry’s soul.
I am a little surprised he publicly admitted it, but little by little, the villain in LeBron is starting to come out.
“It was one of my better ones,” James said. “And the fact that it happened to J.T. made it even that much sweeter...
Well, that was awkward.
Just two days after the world could not stop singing the Celtics’ praises after a loss, of all things, the green team went out Wednesday and laid an egg in the second half in the Big Easy. With the aid of a putrid third quarter, in which they shot 5-for-18 and mustered all of 12 points, the Celtics squandered a comfortable lead for the second time in two...
GOT YOUR BACK
Mark Cuban defended his former player, Jason Terry, who has been ridiculed for being fiercely dunked on by LeBron James.
Well, the Celtics just continue to amaze us with their effort. Tonight, they blew a double-digit halftime lead and lost at the buzzer to the future-Pelicans. I'm fed up. No more defending these losers. They need to start doing their jobs.
Tonight's USOTN goes to the fact that the C's led by 3 with just under a minute left. How do you blow that lead to the Hornets? The...
Here's the video coverage from Paul Pierce's charity bowling tournament from last week.
Video courtesy of the Boston Celtics.
Jason Terry is on a tombstone with Brandon Knight.
"There's no such thing as a good loss."
I'd say that I agree with the above statement 99% of the time. Especially in professional sports. But the Celtics 105-103 loss to the Heat to the Heat tonight falls in the other 1%. Sure the loss sucked something fierce. A 17 point 1st half lead and a 13 point cushion with 8:27 to go fell by the wayside. Boston turned the...
Anthony Davis outreached Kevin Garnett and Jeff Green for a last-second tip-in, and the New Orleans Hornets snapped a four-game skid with an 87-86 victory over the Boston Celtics on Wednesday night.
Davis was playing despite missing the morning shootaround with an illness, and finished with nine points and eight rebounds. Ryan Anderson scored 21 points and Eric Gordon 18 for the...
By now, we have all gotten caught up in the debate of whose “posterization” was better, LeBron James on Jason Terry or DeAndre Jordan on Brandon Knight. I am still giving the edge to Jordan, but I have no doubt that Terry is having a few nightmares. After a dunk like that, you know reporters and members of the media are going to be asking you all kinds of questions. You can...
The Big Leagues And a comeback win, to add insult to injury.