Found July 15, 2013 on
Purple Jesus Diaries:
Adrian Peterson has many nicknames. Purple Jesus (hurray!), All Day, AD, the Ban Hammer, Your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ Reincarnate ... But I haven't heard this new one he's trying to push on all of us.
In a cross promotional effort with whatever, because it's ESPN and why not, after the jump you can watch a video of Adrian Peterson talking about how much he loves the character Wolverine from Marvel comic's X-Men. Is it worth your 30 seconds? Yes, probably.
It's a short video, but let's point a couple of things out here:
- Uh, Matt Kalil is in this video! When did he become a force in Minnesota Vikings marketing?! I mean, Jared Allen would seem like the perfect candidate to fit in this piece, or even Christian Ponder. But maybe neither of them have enough nerd cred to talk about comic books. Could Kalil actually be a comic book nerd? Did we lose a great opportunity by cutting Kluwe too early? He would have been perfect here. Either way, nice to see Kalil getting some exposure, even if he does look like he's 17 all the time. A big 17 year old, but whatever.
- I would like to point out that the comic book they're reading is the first volume of Wolverine, first issue, written by Chris Claremont who has had multiple awesome runs with said character and other comics. I mean, I highly doubt it's an original comic that Peterson is just thumbing through in the training room, OR that Kalil would just let someone take such a valuable comic out of its protective plastic covering, but I the cover does correspond. Just thought I should point that out.
- I would probably buy a Vikings jersey that was that large that said Wolverine on the back. That'd be awesome.
- The helmet hair! It's equally impressive and frightening. I mean, it's done awfully, right? Like it just looks bad, like some intern shaved Kalil's chest 45 minutes before filming and taped it onto the helmet. But it's part of that awfulness that makes it endearing, as well. And yes, as he references, those side burns, man. So hot right now.
- Hugh Jackman makes a cameo. It's not the worst thing he's done, I'd venture.
Anyway, I don't know when the ESPYs are, and I don't care because I think they're dumb. I will be going to see the new Wolverine movie because I'm a sucker for comic films no matter how bad they are, and of course Adrian Peterson is awesome.
Enjoy your Monday.
BEST OF MAXIM
The NFL Network finished their annual poll of NFL players’ ratings of their peers for the previous season. Players were rated from one to one-hundred as to whom they thought were the best in 2012. There were many controversies along the way, including players who were greatly underrated, overrated and even left off the list completely. No matter the overall rankings, one thing...
Photo by: Tony Gonzales
The Minnesota Vikings produced seven Pro Bowlers in 2012: Adrian Peterson, Jerome Felton, Kyle Rudolph, Matt Kalil, Jared Allen, Chad Greenway, and Blair Walsh.
At this current point in the offseason I will predict who will be doing the hula come January and who will be heating up their popcorn.
First off, I think every NFL fan with at least half...
Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Greg Jennings said in an interview Tuesday on ESPN’s “First Take” that he has the utmost confidence in quarterback Christian Ponder. Jennings believes Ponder will greatly improve now that he has joined the Vikings’ receiver corps. “He’s always
As we learned last week, trolling Packer fans is easier than luring them into a bear trap with corn dogs and butter sticks. But who says only the professionals (Or, replacement professionals in Lance Easley's case) can have all the fun? Nope, all you need to do is being an unfortunate Vikings soul living in Wisconsin, like this Vikings Bro.
As you can see, this Trolling...
Even with the addition of rookie Corradelle Patterson, WR Jerome Simpson is an important piece in the Minnesota Vikings passing game.
Jerome Simpson was selected in the 2nd round, 46th overall by the Cincinnati Bengals in the 2008 NFL Draft.
Simpson signed with the Minnesota Vikings in 2012 and re-signed with the team in March 2013.
As the Vikings continue to reshape their...
From 2007 through 2010, Greg Jennings looked like a stud.He averaged over 16 yards per reception in each of those years, had 920 yards in ’07 before three straight 1,000+ campaigns, had double digit touchdowns twice and averaged just shy of 70 receptions.During those years Jennings was a hot fantasy commodity, ably filling in at WR1 or 2 in standard scoring and PPR leagues.In 2011...
Sage Rosenfels has been out of the NFL since he was released by the Minnesota Vikings before last season and now he's officially announced his retirement.Rosenfels, who spent two seasons as a backup in Minnesota sandwiched around a year with the New York Giants made the announcement on his Facebook page. Rosenfels, 35, was in training camp with the Vikings last season after spending...
This is the fourth in a series of 13 previews leading up to the Minnesota Vikings' July 26 start of camp.
TODAY'S POSITION: TIGHT ENDS
Rating (1-to-10 scale): 7
Projected starters: Kyle Rudolph (third year)
Backups (asterisks indicate players expected to make the roster): Colin Anderson, John Carlson, Rhett Ellison, Chase Ford
The breakdown: Minnesota returns the top...
Recently, Mick Warshaw gave us a decent read on why Greg Jennings should be avoided in fantasy drafts. That article can be seen here.While I respect his opinion, I completely disagree with it and his reasoning. His top three reason for Jennings' expected poor production included his age (30 in September), his recent injuries, and the drop from Aaron Rodgers to Christian Ponder...
It's no secret winning teams are worth more, but as the Minnesota Vikings found out, making the playoffs is worth almost 200 million.
Forbes came out with its top 50 most valuable sports franchises and the Vikings jumped up six spots from last season to finish at No. 35 for 2013, with a valuation of 975 million. That's 179 million more than last year when Forbes valued the...
Greg Jennings indicated that Christian Ponder now has the receivers around him to improve his performance and believes the Vikings have the hunger needed to take another next step after making the playoffs last year.
Recently traded Greg Jennings has been quick to stand up for his new quarterback Christian Ponder (Credit: AP) Although Greg Jennings is in his first off-season with the Minnesota Vikings, he has been quick to come to the defense of his new quarterback Christian Ponder. Jennings, who was traded to the Vikings from long-time rival the Green Bay Packers this past March, had a a couple...
GREEN BAY, Wis. --Don't expect Brett Favre to make an appearance of any kind at Lambeau Field this season.
Though Green Bay Packers president and CEO Mark Murphy stated on the team's website in early July that "we would like to retire (Favre's) number prior to his (Hall of Fame) induction" in 2016, it's not likely going to happen within the next year.