After his breakout season in 2008, WR Dwayne Bowe put his name on the map. His 2010 and 2011 campaigns also proved him as a top notch receiver. The Patriots certainly need an explosive threat that Bowe could provide. Last season the Chiefs placed the franchise tag on him and he earned $9.5 million. He is now a free agent and many believe that the Chiefs will not franchise tag him again. The question naturally rises, would the Patriots try to sign him? Let's take a look at the pros and cons.
- Always a threat to make a big play
- Can stretch the field vertically
- Over 1,000 yards receiving in 3 of his 6 NFL seasons (could have possibly gotten it last year but he was injured)
- Pro Bowl in 2010
- Great hands and speed
- Reels in a solid amount of receptions
- VERY good in the red zone
- At 6'2", he has a solid height and build for a WR
- Had amazing production with sub-par quarterbacks in Brady Quinn and Matt Cassell
- Will want a long-term deal...