Ohio State running back Carlos Hyde will not face any charges which connect him to an incident from earlier this month, Central Ohio’s 10TV reports.
BREAKING: OSU running back Carlos Hyde will not face charges in connection with a reported assault, police say. #10TV
— 10TV's Buckeye Blitz (@Buckeyes10TV) July 30, 2013
Hyde was recently suspended from the Buckeyes following reports that he allegedly assaulted a female outside of a Columbus, Ohio bar on July 20. Survellance video was eventually leaked that seemed to exonerate the Ohio State back. Said video shows Hyde speaking in the direction of the alleged victim just prior to her punching him in the head. The video then shows Hyde leaving the area and reaching back in the woman’s direction in a non-confrontational manner, the source said. From the video, it doesn’t appear Hyde ever made contact with the woman – either before or after she struck him.
Police said in a release that they have officially closed the investigation into the incident.
[Related: Scott Raab on the MLB trade deadline, Browns training camp story lines and Sports PR]