If Stephan Bonnar can channel his inner Super Sayian he may just pull off the greatest upset of all-time in RIO
This just in via USA TODAY -
UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva will put his perfect 15-0 UFC record on the line against TUF 1 light heavyweight finalist Stephan Bonnar. This fight has been named the new headliner for UFC 153 in RIO following the recent injury to Jose Aldo.
The last time we saw Bonnar he was in San Jose blanketing Kyle Kingsbury for 3 full rounds. That unanimous decision victory over "Kingsbu" gave him a 3-fight win streak of his own.
The last time we saw Silva move up to light heavyweight was at UFC 101 when he did his best Neo impression, embarrassing TUF 1 light heavyweight tournament winner Forrest Griffin inside of the sold out Wachovia Center.
Earlier today a bout between legendary PRIDE heavyweight Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Dave Herman was added to this card. This bout was initially thought to be the new co-main event. It turns out that the Marco Ruas product Glover Teixeira will remain in that slot against his new opponent Fabio Maldonado.
You can check out the full re-vamped UFC 153 card after the break.
UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar
October 13, 2012
Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
• Light Heavyweight Bout: Anderson Silva (32-4) vs. Stephan Bonnar (14-7)
• Light Heavyweight Bout: Glover Teixeira (18-2) vs. Fabio Maldonado (18-5)
• Heavyweight Bout: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (33-7-1) vs. Dave Herman (21-4)
• Welterweight Bout: Jon Fitch (23-4-1) vs. Erick Silva (14-2)
• Light Heavyweight Bout: Phil Davis (9-1) vs. Wagner Prado (8-0)
• Welterweight Bout: Demian Maia (16-4) vs. Rick Story (14-5)
• Featherweight Bout: Rony Jason (11-3) vs. Sam Sicilia (11-1)
• Heavyweight Bout: Gabriel Gonzaga (13-6) vs. Geronimo dos Santos (31-14)
• Lightweight Bout: Gleison Tibau (25-8) vs. Francisco Trinaldo (11-1)
• Featherweight Bout: Diego Brandao (14-8) vs. Joey Gambino (9-1)
• Welterweight Bout: Sergio Moraes (6-2) vs. Renee Forte (7-1)
• Middleweight Bout: Luiz Cane (12-4) vs. Chris Camozzi (17-5)
• Lightweight Bout:Reza Madadi (12-2) vs. Cristanio Marcello (12-4)
Delivered to your inbox
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News|
Today's Best Stuff
Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.
What is Yardbarker?