Found May 07, 2013 on
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Chael Sonnen is winding down his UFC career and most expect that he will transition full time to broadcasting when he retires. Not so fast! Chael has bigger plans and they involve the WWE. Not only does he want to go to the WWE, he wants to buy it!
Early estimates for the UFC 159 Jones vs. Sonnen buyrate are in and whether it is a success or not depends on your criteria. The good news is that the pay per view was the second biggest of the year. The bad news is that it should have done more.
Chael Sonnen has a retirement plan: turn into Vince McMahon. A rep for Sonnen told TMZ that he wants to buy WWE after he retires from UFC competition. The rep said Sonnen isn’t joking and is already taking meetings with friends in the investment world about plans to do so.
A rep for WWE (which is worth half a billion, by the way) told TMZ, “We are a publicly traded...
Is this fight happening? Chael has recently made this is twitter background causing people to wonder if he has been offered the fight or if he is just campaigning for it. Either way I think this fight is going to happen because Chael Sonnen wants it to.
Video of Wanderlei Silva talking to Chael Sonnen in 2010
Chael Sonnen calls out Wandy
(Brad Penner-USA TODAY Sports)
For those disgusted at the UFC's matchmaking decision to give Chael Sonnen a shot at Jon Jones's light heavyweight title, this news is going to be quite unwelcoming - UFC 158 put up some solid pay-per-view sales numbers. Dave Meltzer reports the event is the second-highest selling of 2013 for the company, with estimated sales in the...
- The Rock tweeted the following on Tuesday:
“Thank U to my hernia surgeon Dr Iglesias – sewed my guts back in w/ mesh. Superman now truly has abs of steel;)”
- A fan tweeted Triple H the TMZ link about Chael Sonnen wanting to buy WWE when he retires from UFC. Triple H replied, “He can buy some stock.”
- Chris Jericho tweeted the following about last night’s SmackDown...
This looks like it could be pretty interesting to watch, good to see Joe Riggs up in the mix giving it one last shot. S/O to MMAmania for the heads up.
MMA Roasted Goes In On UFC 159
Chael Sonnen Chokes Out Jim Norton
- The Rock tweeted the following on Tuesday: "Thank U to my hernia surgeon Dr Iglesias - sewed my guts back in w/ mesh. Superman now truly has abs of steel"
- A fan tweeted Triple H the TMZ link about Chael Sonnen wanting to buy WWE when he retires from UFC. Triple H replied, "He can buy some stock."
- Chris Jericho tweeted the following about last night&...
The Full Contact Fighting Federation (FCFF) is holding an amateur mixed martial arts event here in Portland. Since 2001, the Northwest based FCFF has been breeding some of the area's best up-and-coming fighters. They have held over 230 bouts during that time. Some of Oregon's best martial artists got their starts in the FCFF, such as the UFCs Chris Leben, Ed Herman, and Chael...