Posted February 22, 2012 on AP on Fox
PLAYERS: Carlos Condit
Mixed martial arts fighter Nick Diaz won't be competing in Nevada any time soon. The Nevada Athletic Commission on Wednesday handed the UFC welterweight a temporary suspension for testing positive for marijuana after his Feb. 4 loss to Carlos Condit in Las Vegas. Diaz can respond to the positive drug test allegation at a full disciplinary hearing if he seeks reinstatement, commission executive Keith Kizer said. No hearing date was set. Diaz lost his license for six months and was fined $3,000 by the commission after another positive marijuana test following a win in 2007. Diaz's manager and trainer Cesar Gracie didn't immediately respond to a message at his business in Pleasant Hill, Calif.
THE BACKYARD
BEST OF MAXIM
RELATED ARTICLES

Nick Diaz Finally Addresses Failed Drug Test, Retirement and Loss to Carlos Condit … Sort of

For the first time since dropping a controversial unanimous decision loss to Carlos Condit at UFC 143, and testing positive for marijuana shortly after, Nick Diaz (Pictured) appeared on Spike TV’s “MMA Uncensored” and addressed several topics without revealing much at all. “I’m under instruction not to talk about that, or any of this,” Diaz responded when asked about...

Jake Shields says Nick Diaz will not retire, but he is suspended

After Nick Diaz' loss to Carlos Condit at UFC 143, his drug test came back positive for pot. Nick has been suspended temporarily by Nevada pending a full hearing. The question here is whether or not... Full story at Bob's Blitz ~ http://www.bobsblitz.com

Spike's MMA Uncensored's Craig Carton lands Nick Diaz' first interview following his suspension

Told you yesterday that retired UFC fighter Nick Diaz had been temporarily suspended until a full hearing could be held after the brawler failed a drug test following his loss to Carlos Condit at UFC... Full story at Bob's Blitz ~ http://www.bobsblitz.com

Nick Diaz Expresses Disgust After UFC 143 Loss (Locker Room Video)

It’s fight week, so you know what that means – it is also blog week for UFC president Dana White. In his latest installment, White provides exclusive behind-the-scenes footage from “UFC 143: Diaz vs. Condit” as we head into this weekend’s pay-per-view broadcast in Japan. For the first time since dropping an interim welterweight title scrap to Carlos Condit, Nick Diaz ...

Jake Ellenberger: Carlos Condit Doesn’t Want Rematch

Coming off his UFC on Fuel 1 win over Diego Sanchez, Jake Ellenberger would like a rematch with interim welterweight champion Carlos Condit.
MMA News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.