Just hours after it was reported that the flyweight title fight between Demetrious Johnson and John Moraga was off due to the champs untimely injury, a new main event has been announced.
Friends, and training partners Urijah Faber and Scott Jorgensen have answered the bell. The two men will serve as the main event of the evening, putting their friendship aside for 25 minutes or less, in a move that has to make Uncle Dana White a very happy President.
Aside from money and a pat on the back from Dana, Faber has nothing to gain here. A win keeps him as the number three guy at bantamweight right behind Cruz and Barao. A loss knocks him down the ladder a couple of rungs. The fact that he chose to take this fight with less than two months to prepare shows us not only what a company man Faber is, but what type of competitor "The California Kid" is.
For Scotty "Young Guns," this is a shortcut to get back in the position he was in late 2010. If he can beat his friend in a decisive manner he's likely the number one guy behind the two division champions. The only problem is there's a guy named Eddie Wineland who holds a KO over Jorgensen, a very recent KO mind you.
Faber vs. Jorgensen will headline the TUF 17 finale which takes place on April 13th inside of the Mandalay Bay Events Center. Below you'll find the TUF 17 fight card as it stands today:
• Bantamweight Main Event (5 Rounds): Urijah Faber (27-6) vs. Scott Jorgensen (14-6)
• Heavyweight Bout: Travis Browne (13-1-1) vs. Gabriel Gonzaga (14-6)
• Women's Bantamweight Bout: Miesha Tate (13-3) vs. Cat Zingano (7-0)
• Featherweight Bout: Justin Lawrence (4-1) vs. Daniel Pineda (17-9)
• Featherweight Bout: Bart Palaszewski (36-16) vs. Cole Miller (18-7)
• Featherweight Bout: Maximo Blanco: (8-4-1) vs. Sam Sicilia (11-2)