Knicks 99 Sixers 93
Let me first start off by saying congratulations to the New York Knicks for breaking their 4 game losing streak. Tonight’s win was proof that consistent ball movement and hard work leads to wins. Not only did the Knicks win tonight but the Brooklyn Nets also lost a heartbreaker to the Memphis Grizzlies at the Barclays Center. With this win and the Nets loss, the Knicks are now 2 games up in the Atlantic and a half game back of the Indiana Pacers for 2nd in the East. Knicks win 99-93.
Things That Looked Good:
- Carmelo Anthony had it going tonight, It goes show you, if you drive to the basket good things will come your way. He was 16-18 from the line tonight with 29 points. He shot 6-18 from the field, which is a far cry from his usual 25 shots a game. This is a great stat if you’re looking for your team to win. Not only did Melo get to the line but he is also a killer at the mid-range jumper, probably the best in the business.
- Amar’e “STAT” Stoudemire was on an offensive binge tonight, he was 9-10 from the field with 22 points. He played 21 minutes; imagine if he played a solid 30 minutes, what would he bring to the table?
- The way that Raymond Felton penetrates to the basket and finishes with ease is a thing of beauty. Unfortunately he is the only guard on the Knicks that can do this. Without Felton the Knicks are in serious trouble.
- JR Smith was all around great tonight. He shot 5-12 tonight, but I thought he was under control most of the night.
- Tyson Chandler was in a grumpy mood tonight on the court. All Knicks fans must be happy about that. He grabbed 12 rebounds and blocked 3 shots. He came to Melo’s aid, as Spencer Hawes got in Melo’s face and Tyson pushed him away, defending his teammate. This is the toughness the Knicks have been looking for the last month. It is important to be tough, aggressive and defend your teammates, without going over the edge, which the Knicks have a habit of doing.
Things That Need to Improve:
- Jason Kidd once again was quiet. He played 26 minutes grabbing an impressive 9 boards, however shot 1-7 from the field, 0-6 from three, adding only 3 points. If this was any other player on the team he would be on the bench. Kidd has gone through a horrible stretch of games.
- Shump was active early on the D, but his lateral movement is still not there. He and the rest of the guards continue to get beat off the dribble causing the defense to collapse. It will take Shump a full year to get back to his usual self, cross your fingers!
- The Knicks looked like winners tonight, however they need to start playing consistently on both ends of the court for any of us to believe they can advance in the playoffs.
Overall, the New York Knicks got a much-needed victory against a struggling, injury depleted 76ers team. NY overcame a sluggish, poor shooting 1st quarter to take control of the game from the 2nd period on. With a late run by the Sixers, the Knicks showed that they could close out games. This was something that this team needed to do. Now is not the time to be complacent. This team must stay hungry and angry. Go after every team like it’s their last. Winning cures all problems.
Kenyon Martin did not get in to the game, but I expect to see him play Wednesday against the Warriors. If Kenyon could give the Knicks a solid 15 minutes of toughness and intimidation, then they will be headed in the right direction.
Peter A – Knickswag
The post Knicks Break Losing Streak with 99-93 Victory appeared first on Knickswag - A New York Knicks Blog - News, Rumors, and more!.