Real Mallorca have sacked coach Joaquin Caparros after four consecutive defeats left the club one place off the foot of the Primera Liga table.
Acting president Llorenc Serra Ferrer announced the decision to dismiss the coach and revealed that there would be no rush to appoint a successor.
"We have opened channels to talk with some trainers, but we do not have a name," the Mallorca chief explained.
"Now we do not want to take such an important decision in a hurry and there are still 48 points to play for."
Serra Ferrer admitted that it was a tough decision to remove a coach who had performed well since taking over at Son Moix in October 2011.
"I respect Caparros so much. I know that we have sacked a great coach," he continued.
"We talked a lot about the situation that the team was in and we reached the conclusion that something was needed to to give us a lift for the rest of the season and achieve our aim of staying in the division.
"I would like to thank Joaquin and his coaching staff for their honour, dedication, desire and for helping the club grow in every sense."
Former Mallorca coach Gregorio Manzano and ex-Barca and Real Madrid star Bernd Schuster are being tipped as the early frontrunners to take the reins at the Balearic outfit.
The 33-year-old Cardiff striker has returned to Chris Coleman's squad for the friendly against Austria, having last featured in the August defeat to Bosnia-Herzegovina.
The call-up for Wednesday's Liberty Stadium clash came as a surprise to some, as Bellamy's absence from the first four World Cup qualifiers due to injury had fuelled speculation he was set to call time on his Wales career after 70 caps and 19 goals.
Manager Coleman had called on the forward to clarify his international future, after Bellamy hinted he was pondering retiring following the death of Gary Speed.
And Bellamy, who was blighted by injury and personal troubles earlier in the season, has made it clear he will never turn down the chance to represent his country when fit.
When asked about his future with Wales, he said: "I have always tried to stay as quiet as possible on that issue.
"I am a firm believer you don't retire. If I had felt like that a few months ago and I had retired, what would have happened if I had then wanted to come back?
"It is best to keep quiet and see where you are in your mind.
"First and foremost you need to be fit and I am. I am enjoying my football and it's another game for me and it is an added bonus that it involves playing for my country.
"I have to take it as it comes, if I feel as I do now then it should not be a problem.
"I am enjoying my football at the moment and how everything is going and it's another chance to represent my country.
"There is no bigger honour, it's a drug and it's why I am here. It's my national team."
Bellamy revealed that the chance to play alongside Gareth Bale, Joe Allen and Aaron Ramsey is also a motivating factor in his desire to continue pulling on the red shirt.
Of Tottenham winger Bale, who is earning plaudits for his wonderful goals against Norwich and West Brom, he said: "For him to be Welsh makes me feel immensely proud.
"He is Welsh, no-one else can have him, he is from our country and he is someone we should be proud of and he makes me feel very proud when I watch him play.
"At this moment he is certainly one of the world's best players, no two ways about it."
He added: "We have Bale, Ramsey and Allen, players who can be the heart and soul of our team for a number of years, so I felt there was a responsibility on myself to show my pride and turn up.
"I had players like Gary Speed who led the way for me.
"I watched him turn up and saw his pride in representing his country. That was an example for me and I want to do the same and I have tried to the same."
The former Tottenham Hotspur, Lazio and Newcastle United star, 45, has "willingly" been admitted to an unnamed centre, his management company said on Monday night.
The move came after fears for the Italia 90 and Euro 96 legend when he appeared unwell and shaking during a charity appearance in Northampton last week, when he broke down sobbing on stage in front of a room full of fans.
In a statement, GamePlan Solutions said Gazza had been touched by the help and support shown by fans and figures within football over the past few days.
The statement read: "Alcoholic Paul Gascoigne has been experiencing a tough time of late.
"He has been asking for help and has willingly been admitted to a treatment centre in America.
"He has complex issues that are currently being dealt with by professionals.
"Paul has been extremely touched and overwhelmed by the generous offers of help and support over the past few days.
"He is motivated to fully understand and control his addiction problem under guidance."
Kiernan had a temporary spell at Griffin Park in November, making seven appearances for Uwe Rosler's side before returning to the Latics.
The Republic of Ireland Under-21 international featured in both central defence and midfield and played a key role in Brentford's win over Sheffield United in late November, helping to set up the first goal.
He is available for selection for the Bees' League One game at Oldham on Saturday.